161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
188,930 Posts
Tammi P. wins 2. set...

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
188,930 Posts
:long night in front of me: as I waits for Des A. to play, but I see her now on the what should be the live Streaming...

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
188,930 Posts
Tammi breaks back for 4-3...

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
188,930 Posts
But now Arina at 5-3 can serve for the finals...

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
188,930 Posts
But how come Destanee at about #152 and 2nd seedet and 3rd seedet Tammi at about #345? They needs some more Aussie players in beetwin or they don't wanna play...

·
Registered
79,179 Posts
But how come Destanee at about #152 and 2nd seedet and 3rd seedet Tammi at about #345? They needs some more Aussie players in beetwin or they don't wanna play...
There are plenty of Aussies in between.

Rogowska #164 - already has MDWC
Hon #222 - not sure why she didn't play
Wallace #254 - probably in Spain
Fourlis #324 - already has MDWC
Perez #342 - could be injured as only played doubles this week

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
So just to update the situation we have seven confirmed WCs and only one left to hand out (as of now):

Kristie Ahn*
Destanee Aiava
Victoria Azarenka**
Jaimee Fourlis
Jessika Ponchet
Olivia Rogowska
Wang Xinyu

*Ahn is seven out of the MD; if she gets in, the WC passes to Danielle Collins
**definitely a question mark over whether Azarenka will end up being able to travel

I'm assuming the last WC will go to Lizette Cabrera or Ajla Tomljanovic. It'll be interesting to see what happens if Azarenka withdraws after qualies begin - as presumably all the players in line after her will be playing qualies...

·
Registered
38,029 Posts
I see no reason why Azarenka would need to wait until that late to make her decision, and if she did it would be astonishingly disrespectful given receiving a WC is a privilege not a right.

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
188,930 Posts
My guess, if her case is not solved Vika will travel to New Zealand, and play Auckland and later AO, even without her son been with her... But we'll see...

·
Registered
55,641 Posts
So just to update the situation we have seven confirmed WCs and only one left to hand out (as of now):

Kristie Ahn*
Destanee Aiava
Victoria Azarenka**
Jaimee Fourlis
Jessika Ponchet
Olivia Rogowska
Wang Xinyu

*Ahn is seven out of the MD; if she gets in, the WC passes to Danielle Collins
**definitely a question mark over whether Azarenka will end up being able to travel

I'm assuming the last WC will go to Lizette Cabrera or Ajla Tomljanovic. It'll be interesting to see what happens if Azarenka withdraws after qualies begin - as presumably all the players in line after her will be playing qualies...
#118 Tomljanovic
#121 Rodionova
#153 Cabrera

Just one WC for one of these 3 players while the French sending a $15K peasant :facepalm: Tennis Australia and their stupid WC swaps...who cares for a random WC at the USO or RG ffs, give the girls the opportunity to play at home with an awesome local support instead of the likes of Perez losing at the parking lot in NYC in front of 4 grannies. Meanwhile Aussie fans will have the likes of Ahn or Ponchet to cheer for :worship: At least the Chinese has some sense being the Asia Pacific Slam and being a young prospect...

·
Registered
38,029 Posts
#118 Tomljanovic
#121 Rodionova
#153 Cabrera

Just one WC for one of these 3 players while the French sending a $15K peasant :facepalm: Tennis Australia and their stupid WC swaps...who cares for a random WC at the USO or RG ffs, give the girls the opportunity to play at home with an awesome local support instead of the likes of Perez losing at the parking lot in NYC in front of 4 grannies. Meanwhile Aussie fans will have the likes of Ahn or Ponchet to cheer for :worship: At least the Chinese has some sense being the Asia Pacific Slam and being a young prospect...
Up until this year Australia didn't have enough players to have 8 strong WC options, in fact we still don't. It's better to have Ahn in MD than some 400th ranked Australian who will get trashed. The French should have given up their WC this year, it's a joke they would send anyone given the complete absence of talent they have. Having 8 WCs makes it too easy for Australian journeywomen, with the discretionaries and Asia-Pacific program it at least rewards talents but doesn't encourage complacency.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Tomljanovic signed up for the qualification in Sydney and Cabrera in Hobart but unless they get WC's at the AO they won't be able to play those qualifications

·
Premium Member
11,666 Posts
Tomljanovic signed up for the qualification in Sydney and Cabrera in Hobart but unless they get WC's at the AO they won't be able to play those qualifications
I dare say the remaining wildcard is 'live' for whoever does better the week of Brisbane International. Whoever doesn't get the Wildcard will have to withdraw. Either that or Victoria has informed them that she won't in fact be able to come and both of these have a MDWC.

161 - 180 of 181 Posts