Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Oz open is here! Qualifying starts today:

Court 6
Match 3: QR1 WC-Viktorija Rajicic vs Julia Bosserup (USA)
Match 4: QR1 WC-Monique Adamczak vs Olga Puchkova (BLR)
Match 5: QR1 WC-Storm Sanders vs Elitsa Kostova (BUL)
Match 6: QR1 WC-Tammi Patterson vs Melinda Czink (HUN)

Court 3
Match 5: QR1 WC-Arina Rodionova vs Victoria Larriere (FRA)
Match 6: QR1 WC-Sally Peers vs 5-Alexandra Panova (RUS)

Good luck girls - let's get a few wins :bounce:

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Viki not far away. Looks like James Lemke is about to lose on Court 6.

Excited :) :cheer:

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Monique lost to Puchkova in the main draw at AO back in 2008, something like 4-6 0-6 from memory. Time for revenge I hope ;)

Rajicic. Hmmm. Never know with her. She's more than capable of winning but Boserup hits a good ball and is a talented player. I'm going to go with Vikki on this one, which obviously means she will lose now.

I think Peers will get smacked by an in form Panova. Sanders and Patterson will be sent packing in straights I think, and Arina has a chance if she plays well.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
At the tennis now. There seems to be enough wind to keep the rain away.

I'll try and give a report on as many girls as possible.

Aussie guys not having a good day so far. Played well before the rain delays, come back and lose easily.

Stream for show court 3 I believe.

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Viki saves a BP and holds for 1-0 :)

It should really help that Viki's played in AO qualifying before...

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Fit impressions of the match:

Viktorija is clearly the aggressor. Her backhand has improved out of site, she is actually using it as a weapon now. Forehand is pretty similar but she is able to inject a lot more pace into the ball. So far the match is on her terms, standing close to the baseline and moving boserup around te court.

Boserup is off to a patchy start. Her backhand is pretty awful but her forehand is a decent shot. Seems like a good defender and is running down a lot. Decent serve which should giveher some free points. Kind of staying in this match due to rajicic errors.

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the report Keadz - keep it coming!

Viki still doing well. Saved another BP and held to go up 5-4. Go Viki :cheer:

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
4-4 game she hit 4 double faults and 4 forehan winners :lol:

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
As expected, boserup just able to get that extra ball in the court. 3 errors after long rallies in that game.

Still in with a chance if she can find her range.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Error tally keeps growing.

See if she can get it back together, fairly disappointing ending to what was a well played set. Obviously nerves played a big part there.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Struggling to get more than 3 shots in the court now. When she does they are just mid court balls which lead to an easy put away for boserup.

Pratty wasn't too impressed so she left the court.

Crappy ending to a match she very much could have taken if she took her opportunities 20 minutes ago. Relying in her opponent to get nervous now, or somehow miraculously findsome form.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Badluck to vik. Certainly some improvement in her game though, just needs to find some middle ground in rallies and I can see her rising up the ranks.

Her forehand is a great shot when on.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Monique is such an enigma. She plays some points incredibly well, uses her slice effectively and looks to step around and hit a big forehand. Happy to come to the net and finish off the point.

Next couple of points she will hit just the strangest unforced errors off nothing balls. Or just pushes the ball around the court until she is well out of position and has to go for a crazy winner.

I haven't seen her play in ages. She still has 'it' though, just needs to put 'it' all together again. Seems a bit rusty.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
24 unforced errors to 7. Says it all really.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Good job from Mon to play some aggressive tennis in key moments there. Seemed to be enough to cause puchkova to start choking. Struggled to keep the ball in play from 3-5 to 5-5.

Not very often Aussies are the beneficiaries of chokes, it was quite enjoyable haha.

Monique looks the stronger player now, moving the ball around the court with ease, returning well (finally) and comin to the net at the right moments.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts