Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a bit too early to start a thread i know. but i think bepa can actually win this whole thing called the first GS of the new season :p that is, of course, she unfortunately gets a really bad/unlucky draw.

thoughts?

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
How hard is it to just make a generic thread title, seriously?

(Plus, just say "damn". God knows Vera would.)

·
Registered
21,978 Posts
i would assume her first goal would be to get through the first round. even though i think she will do it easily, with serena been out of the AO its even open for vera to take it. although i have a feeling she may need to play kim in the sf (assuming both players reach there, which potentially they should)

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
My luck, she's gonna lose to Bojana Jovanovski in the 2nd round. Oh well, at least she'll have gained some points.

·
Registered
113,490 Posts
Its a tough draw but Vera can get to Kim in the SF if she plays well, and someone beats Stosur.
Starts with Bammer in round 1.

·
Registered
984 Posts
It's rather cruel draw. :sad:

- I mean Bammer in 1R has lot of experience and runs like crazy, difficult to finish points against her. She usually makes an upset when nobody expect it.
- Then Jovanovski...as was said, she seems to be in form. Can be a long match.
- Safarova or Zakopalova are dangerous when their games is on. Better wish Oudin beats them.:D

Very tough first rounds considering Vera is a second seed...
- Then it looks a bit better against one of the Russian compatriots (Pavly/Kirileko), but of course scary quarterfinal if Vera will face Stosur...

Anyway I still have a faith in Vera, that she can win the whole thing no matter what.

GL Vera!!!

·
Registered
113,490 Posts
Its an okay draw. It could be a lot worse. Henin could be in that quarter.
First beat Bammer. Lets go one at a time.

·
Who knows where the time goes
22,385 Posts
I hate how everyone complains about how easy is Vera´s draw,don´t they know that of course Pennetta and Stosur are in her quarter? :mad: :rolleyes:

And Bammer can be tough,so can be Jovanovski,then Safarova/Zakopalova,Pavlyuchenkova/Kirilenko...definitely not easy by any means,but one have to hope she does well :cheer:

She starts on Tuesday,I know they won´t let Vera playing on Rod Laver,but please don´t put her again on C21 or C19:haha: :tape:.Hisense or even Margaret would be nice :)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts