Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally we are through, after a tense battle against Croatia which had horrible ref work I saw the Handball in penality box from Australia. Hello, oh well 2-2 was good enough to get us through bring on Italy. Ole Ole Ole, Ole Ole Ole, Give us an Oi Oi Oi

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Reactions: Sunny_Boy and Hagar

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
That was a real thriller!!! All TV channels seemed to show Brasil against Japan but the Dutch TV showed Australia's match, I guess because of Hiddink.
The Aussies showed a lot of heart and it was necessary coz they had two people against them:
1) the referee
2) their own goalkeeper :tape:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What was that goalkeeper for Aussies, that second goal I think most people could have saved that shot it wasnt hit hard, The Aussie commentators were fithly with his skills, didn't matter though Harry saved the day

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They should do, I think the guy today was too nervous to play

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not Mark, the guy who played today

·
Registered
13,743 Posts
:lol: My team Wolves once bought this Goalkeeper Kalac but us and Leicester had a dispute over who signed him properly, luckily he went to Leicester :tape:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Unbelievable. They play all heart, and that's the most you could hope for in a team...That and a decent goalkeeper :p

·
63,542 Posts
Harry Kewell's dream comes true! :banana: He says that he always wanted to goal in World Cup since he was a little boy! :yeah:

Did you guys know that he was a little boy and he was trained on the same park where my tennis lessons? ;)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Well done to the Aussies!! Great match to watch but our goalkeeper was awful! It was worth getting up at 5am!
Bring on the Italians, its gonna be a great match! I think I'll have a torn family as both my parents were born in Italy :lol:
Go Aussies!!!

·
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.
8,475 Posts
:woohoo: Well Done Aussies!!! :woohoo:

Man, that was one game to remember, because of the Australian goalkeeper's "childish" error :rolleyes:, the "handball" that never was :crazy:, and Graham Poll's "10 minutes of madness":-

1) Three red cards... and how did he FORGOT to send off the Croatian player after TWO YELLOW CARDS is mindboggling... he did show the red later, but after a THIRD YELLOW. And they call him the best referee from England... :tape:
2) The throw-in during the stoppage time... first to Croatia, then there were 2 balls on the field, and then Graham decides to "give" the throw in to Australia :eek:

·
Rest In Peace, Elena
19,144 Posts
I screamed at work when Australia won! All my employers was staring at me and i didn't care because i was so happy! :)

Did Harry kick a goal yet?

·
Registered
11,378 Posts
WHAT A BLOODY DRAMA!!!

That was absolute chaos... the first chance I had to watch a full match and I got a heart attack!!! :eek:

Great draw though, we deserved to go through, the Croatians hung back after their goals. And it's kind of fitting that the "golden boy" of Australian football (yes I call it football now :p) scores the vital goal.

Oh, and Schwarzer for keeper in Italy!

·
Registered
11,378 Posts
hotduncz_!8 said:
I screamed at work when Australia won! All my employers was staring at me and i didn't care because i was so happy! :)

Did Harry kick a goal yet?
Yeah, he scored the final goal to put us through

1 - 20 of 43 Posts