Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advice please:

How easy or difficult (and expensive) will it be to get tickets for the second week (last four days) of the Aussie Open? I'll be visiting mates in Perth and may go to Melbourne if I can get tickets in advance.

Thank you mateys.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
http://www.ausopen.com.au/t_home.html

We bought tickets last year by registering on the Aus Open site to be advised when the tickets go on sale (October I think!) The agency is http://www.ticketek.com . We bought tickets online for the first two days, day and night sessions which were $AU 29 and $AU 34 each, but I don't know how difficult it would be to get tickets for the last four days. Hope that you get there because it's absolutely fantastic, if you get a Rod Laver Arena ticket you can get onto any court except Vodaphone and there always seems plenty of room, but that said, the atmosphere is great. I really hope to be able to go there again one day! :D Hopefully some Aussies on the board can give you some advice about getting tickets for the last few days!

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
when i went it was 20 dollars dor day session on the first few days, and 25 dollars in some of the later rounds. Those tickets are usually the best as you have access to all courts except centre, so you get access to Vodafone Arena and the 3 show courts :).

as for those tickets theres always plenty available and the queues arent long each morning..but if u dont like waiting just bulk buy them on day1

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
centre court tickets for the last four days are a pretty expensive, and it's almost impossible to get good seats unless you know somebody ie sponsors etc.

SM is right about the quality of the ground pass, but it is not so good when you go on the last days because all the matches are on centre court and they usually don't even open vodafone arena. going in the middle of the tournament and getting a ground-pass is the best IMO if you don't want to pay too much but still want to watch high quality matches.

i went this year for the last week, but i didn't have centre court tickets for the monday, so i got a ground-pass and from memory i saw roddick vs youzhny; schuettler vs blake; schnyder vs. hantuchova; rubin vs. myskina; kournikova and rubin in the doubles plus a whole a lot of other good matches.

it really is worth going, although if you flew from perth in the holiday season you might be up for a bit as well.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for all the advice, much appreciated.

I'm definitely going - bugger the cost!

Thanks again.

:kiss:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts