12,066 Posts
Arina and Sara both lost their SFs

Matsuda def. Rodionova 7-5 7-6(7)
Zakarlyuk def. Tomic 6-2 6-7(5) 6-0

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
I guess this is the end of the circuit for 2019-20.

I imagine many players were hoping to pick up handy points at the last two 60ks.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Gavrilova was planning on coming back here. I am guessing most players schedules are now in complete disarray.

·
Registered
76,463 Posts
I wonder if TA will think of something to give our players some competitive matches now.

At the moment it looks like all junior tournaments, AMTs, etc. aren't being held. If they start the AMTs again, I wouldn't be surprised to see some players have a go at those. (poor lower level players :LOL:)

Of course it will be hard for TA to make a decision though as each state has a different opinion on restrictions. But seeing some competitive matches are being held in some worser hit locations (in terms of COVID), I hope we can get something soon.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I wonder if TA will think of something to give our players some competitive matches now.

Of course it will be hard for TA to make a decision though as each state has a different opinion on restrictions. But seeing some competitive matches are being held in some worser hit locations (in terms of COVID), I hope we can get something soon.
New Zealand will be starting a small league for our top male players in a couple of weeks (not for women - our best players are already in North America). I thought I read somewhere that Australia was already planning something similar because you have so many more players at that level.

·
Registered
76,463 Posts
New Zealand will be starting a small league for our top male players in a couple of weeks (not for women - our best players are already in North America). I thought I read somewhere that Australia was already planning something similar because you have so many more players at that level.
Interstate travel might be a problem for now. I'm not too sure what exactly the restrictions are as every state is different.

This can be a problem for a 'league' type situation because most of the top girls are dispersed in different states.

Queensland: Barty, Cabrera, Hon, McPhee, Tjandramulia, Birrell
WA: Inglis, Sharma
Vic: Stosur, Rodionova, Aiava, Fourlis, Sanders, Gavrilova, Hives, Woolcock
NSW: Perez, Myers, Popovic, Bozovic, Da Silva Fick
SA: Marshall

Tomljanovic, Mendez and Rogowska abroad.

Qld, Vic and NSW could do something in their respective states. Other states will be a bit harder and will need to include lots of lower ranked players.

·
Registered
14,714 Posts
Interstate travel might be a problem for now. I'm not too sure what exactly the restrictions are as every state is different.

This can be a problem for a 'league' type situation because most of the top girls are dispersed in different states.

Queensland: Barty, Cabrera, Hon, McPhee, Tjandramulia, Birrell
WA: Inglis, Sharma
Vic: Stosur, Rodionova, Aiava, Fourlis, Sanders, Gavrilova, Hives, Woolcock
NSW: Perez, Myers, Popovic, Bozovic, Da Silva Fick
SA: Marshall

Tomljanovic, Mendez and Rogowska abroad.

Qld, Vic and NSW could do something in their respective states. Other states will be a bit harder and will need to include lots of lower ranked players.
May be they can have 2-3 tournaments in Melbourne Park ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I thought there was something from TA yesterday (?) maybe via twitter saying there would be news soon - sounded like some kind of event like the one Alja is playing in in the States.

441 - 449 of 449 Posts