Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
draw should be out soon...does anyone know what time the ceremony is? will it be on tv...espn? espn2?

i'm curious to see where davenport is located and which top 4 she is slated to meet in the quarters or even for the 4th round.

·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
maindraw is Friday
only the qualies are done tomorrow (8th)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Both Qualifier draw and Ladies singles and men's singles draw will be out tomorrow 8 January!!:bounce:

·
Registered
10,742 Posts
The Website is wrong.

This is Tennis Australia remeber, the player list still sin't updated rom last year.

Main draw will be out Friday 10th.

Doubles will not be out on the 8th as the site says, it'll probably be done next Monday

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Hey I know this is a US open issue, but wasn't there a scandal or something relating to the rigging of a draw years ago? I think I saw that on here but perhaps I'm mistaken. If there was such a scandal, can someone enlighten me please? Thanks :)

E

·
0 Posts
Actually, doesn't it come out today, because it's the 8th there?

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
MarcusRock said:
Hey I know this is a US open issue, but wasn't there a scandal or something relating to the rigging of a draw years ago? I think I saw that on here but perhaps I'm mistaken. If there was such a scandal, can someone enlighten me please? Thanks :)
The only thing I can think of was Damir Dokic complaining that they DIDN'T rig the draw so that Jelena wouldn't have to play Lindsay in the first round. Could that be what you're thinking of? It's actually quite funny in hindsight.

·
Registered
994 Posts
In 1996, the USTA gave special seedings in the men's draw to favour top Americans. They pushed Yevgeny Kafelnikov from his deserved #4 seeding to #7 and he withdrew as a result.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
So is the draw truly on the 8th like on the site, which means today for us since in australia it's already the 8th? are the seeds even out yet? what's happening, i want the draw NOW! :) or at least i want to know when the draw will be out... :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Asmus said:
In 1996, the USTA gave special seedings in the men's draw to favour top Americans. They pushed Yevgeny Kafelnikov from his deserved #4 seeding to #7 and he withdrew as a result.
wow, seriously? whoever thought that was a good idea?
I was doing some serious exams in late 1996 and must have missed the controversy.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
england_rules, it's already 8:33 pm here. lol Do you mean that it's already out but it's not available online?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so sad....no news on seeds, yet

·
Banned
3,751 Posts
what is taking so long?????????????? I want the draw now! it's now past 2pm in Australian time :fiery:

Good luck, Maria Sharapova in the qualies draw.

E

·
0 Posts
selesrules said:
england_rules, it's already 8:33 pm here. lol Do you mean that it's already out but it's not available online?
I'm sorry! I meant Melbourne time!

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
So are we 100% sure that it's today?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts