41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
17,826 Posts
Poor Vika.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I really don't think Vika is obsessed with Kerber as you seem to be with her.
Regarding your list, Venus Williams and Justine Henin have not won a single grand slam this decade. I don't know what sane tennis fan would try to claim Muguruza or Kuznetsova are greater than Vika, nor even Osaka at this point. Dream on.
Exactly. I honestly don’t even think Kerber is better than Vika. Yes, Kerber has that extra slam, but Vika still has more titles overall and Kerber struggled to beat Azarenka. The head to head is something like 8-2 or 9-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Exactly. I honestly don’t even think Kerber is better than Vika. Yes, Kerber has that extra slam, but Vika still has more titles overall and Kerber struggled to beat Azarenka. The head to head is something like 8-2 or 9-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s close. Vika was a much better player on the regular WTA tour.

But 99% of the players (and probably Azarenka herself) would rather have a Wimbledon and a US Open trophy than dozens of other WTA tour titles.

·
Registered
325 Posts
This is so heartbreaking! I really feel for Vika and I hope her every day life is good and she is just enjoying her life as a mom. I really hope the whole custody battle is over and that they have found a good solution and none of that nastiness of the past is going on anymore. It would be really sad to end her career like this, so I hope it's just a minor setback and that she will be back for the rest of 2020. Let's go Vika!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Vika just seems broken.

·
Registered
30,806 Posts

But 99% of the players (and probably Azarenka herself) would rather have a Wimbledon and a US Open trophy than dozens of other WTA tour titles.
I will say that 99% of players would also rather have beaten Serena Williams in two major finals than have lost to her in two major finals in classic heartbreakers. I think the head-to-head between Vika and Kerber speaks for itself but it's hard to argue with the latter's achievements.

·
Registered
82,671 Posts
" Personal reasons" again..my god..guest after years not able to fix her private life.

·
Registered
34,117 Posts
Dad also wants to see the child in Q1 2020.

·
Registered
323 Posts

Agree with your logic, when you need something objective to go by.

But is it not pretty unanimous that at their respective peaks (and no, I don't mean TF's age old "Peak vs Peak" argument, but more general level that both have presented over the course of their careers), Vika is the significantly better player?

I've always just seen it as a given that she is in a different tier to Angie. Maybe I need to adjust.

·
Registered
20,815 Posts
Agree with your logic, when you need something objective to go by.

But is it not pretty unanimous that at their respective peaks (and no, I don't mean TF's age old "Peak vs Peak" argument, but more general level that both have presented over the course of their careers), Vika is the significantly better player?

I've always just seen it as a given that she is in a different tier to Angie. Maybe I need to adjust.
Oh no, she totally is in a different tier than Kerber who, in my opinion, lucked out somehow achieving 3 slams. She competed during a much tougher period and could have won 5-6 slams if she had the same conditions as Kerber.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts