Tennis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mlad/Babos are killing it in doubles. o_O Just like the WTA finals, they demolish Hsieh/Strycova in the finals. 3rd doubles slam for the pair, congrats!

They didn't even drop a single set en route to the title!

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Fabulous match from them. Strycova was unable to hold serve even once.

Just once, though, I would love to hear someone thank the line judges and ballboys in their speech - it's a habit which seems to have crept in in recent years NOT to do so. Whether or not it's intentional, or they just forget, it's bad manners. Contrast that with John Isner at Miami a couple of years ago, where he went and shook every ballkid's hand after the presentations and thanked them individually.

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
Couldn't really follow this AO but...wtf?

·
Registered
11,324 Posts
I couldn't watch the match live... and looking at that scoreline, maybe I won't watch it at all! ?

I wasn't necessarily expecting a win as Babos/Mladonna are a top team, but I at least thought it would be a closer match! Especially after how brilliantly Team SuBora have played all week. Their SF was an unreal performance. They need to go back to the drawing board against this team! Or hope they don't make it to the finals lol.

A run to the final in doubles is still a nice way for Barb to finish what is likely her last AO. Congrats to the winners.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
This is such a bad match up. Spanked again.

It’s like Babs and Hsieh can beat everyone but this team, so they are number 1.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I love the way Kiki/Babos eviscerate Strycova/Hsieh.
Anytime they can't impose their off-kilter game makes me happy.

But Strycova service game was really let down by Hsieh today. She couldn't hold because Hsieh was just so passive at net. In this match-up they can't rely on a cat-n-mouse kind of doubles.

·
Registered
57,369 Posts
Hsieh/Strycova :( :help:

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Forza! Congrats Kiki and Timea.

Reactions: Ceze

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Hsieh gets bullied by the serves. Body serves coming at her reduced her ability to be creative on return.

When Babos and Mladenovic are being aggressive and holding court their side of the court must look so small.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts