Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, what a draw for Justine! Anna Kournikova in the FIRST ROUND? :eek:

Yes, Justine IS a better player than Anna, but Anna so often can manage one good match per tournament -- and that's all she'd need to knock Justine OUT! And Justine's confidence may be shot after losing to Kim in straight sets. :eek:

Will those who know the most about Justine Please, say something Reassuring here??? I am desperate for reassurance! :confused:

·
Registered
132 Posts
justification

wow, henin/kournikova in first round. Very tough for each of them. Didn't Justine beat Anna in US open of 2000(?) for her first big win? should be a fun match to watch!

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The WHOLE CROWD will be against our Justine! You know how the Aussies always are about ANNA. I don't know if I can stand to watch it!:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
I hadn't thought about the crowd before. You're right, the crowd is usually behind Anna.

But GOOOO JUSTINE! I believe in you, I'm convinced you can pull off an easy win.

And GOOO KIM!!

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
It is true a lot of Aussie blokes like Anna, but you have to remember that tennis crowds in Australia tend to also have a high proportion of people who are quite educated about the game and will know the rising stars, so I think a lot of people will be cheering for Justine too.

In any event, go Kim and go Justine! It's just a pity you have to meet each other before the final.

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it also helps that they are first up! At 11am, the crowd will be less rowdy altogether than later on. The closer this match gets, the more confident I feel about Justine winning it. :angel:

Nice for Kim to snag the marquee night match position!

ALLEZ JUSTINE!!! GO KIM!!!

Tonight's the night! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CONGRATULATIONS JUSTINE! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Notre petite ami!:angel:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Thank you Justine. As usual, it was a pleasure watching you.
I am still under the spell of those wonderful backhand lobs. A marvel to watch ! :D

And thank you ARD, for showing the match live !

·
***** Emeritus
44,747 Posts
Congrats to all. Good match, Olivier but too bad...

Btw who likes Kim's outfit? I don't like that shirt at all :(

·
***** Emeritus
44,747 Posts
Something red with a bit white in it. Dunno if she was wearing this in Sydney too, but I don't like it :(

1 - 20 of 47 Posts