Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
France just does not care about sport. It's not their fault.

Djoker.Thiem match was bad too, although it was only a continuation.

RG should move to another country.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Tickets were sold out. If people didn't bother showing, it's because they didn't want to see Barty-Vondrousova :shrug:
The Federer-Nadal semifinal had half the seats empty. Federer-Nadal!

It couldn't have had anything to do with the bizarre decisions of the FO organization, or the weather. Nope, clearly this indicates that the world is utterly bored of the old players' ATP, no one cares about these matches any more.

·
La nuit je mens
89,768 Posts

That's why we fought for 10 years to get the Olympics.
Or why we host big events all the time.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
It’s RG I’m shitting on, not women’s tennis :lol: I loved this year’s semi final line up :hearts:

The photo was taken during the Djokovic match but the red sleeves were still visible during the women’s final (ya know, because it was played on the same day)
That's an unnecessary misrepresentation of the picture. That the picture was taken at the men's semi reveals a lot about the RG crowd - even a five setter between Novak and Thiem struggled to get people to show up. People are using low attendance as evidence of the weakness of the WTA when in actual fact this affected the ATP as well.

I didn't see those red sleeves at the women's final so I'm not going to take your word for it. Regardless of whether this rent-a-crowd was there or not, there are enough threads bashing the tour. And there is some basis for the criticism so there's no need to distort the facts.

·
La nuit je mens
89,768 Posts
The stadium was full. Stop lying.

That's an unnecessary misrepresentation of the picture. That the picture was taken at the men's semi reveals a lot about the RG crowd - even a five setter between Novak and Thiem struggled to get people to show up.
The people who had access to the end of Thiem-Djokovic are the people who bought tickets for the women's final. And it was supposed to begin at 3pm that day. So yeah, there was already a lot of people in the stadium for an unscheduled early match.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I went back and quickly rechecked "my bs", as the match is available on Eurosport Player... during the first set, the shots showing the lower stands were horrible looking. I will admit that during the second and third sets the stands looked much better.

But there is no point arguing this further with someone who goes from zero to accusations of lying in one post.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts

It couldn't have had anything to do with the bizarre decisions of the FO organization, or the weather. Nope, clearly this indicates that the world is utterly bored of the old players' ATP, no one cares about these matches any more.
That was only to start the match. They were full by the end of the first set, moving forward, and stayed that way. You should know that if you watched the match. But I guess, you didn't?

·
La nuit je mens
89,768 Posts
The security check to enter RG has gotten way more important since 2016, for obvious reasons. It surprises a lot of people who think coming up 20 minutes before is enough. That's why the main courts can be empty early on. That and the non tennis fans guests still being at lunch.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
The security check to enter RG has gotten way more important since 2016, for obvious reasons. It surprises a lot of people who think coming up 20 minutes before is enough. That's why the main courts can be empty early on. That and the non tennis fans guests still being at lunch.
Sorry, I was wrong. I honestly had the wrong impression in my memory.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Look at how Wimbledon is affected every every year, but the tickets are sold out months before and even the tiniest court is packed.
3rd court, 2 other semifinals going on at the same time (or can be expected to) and early hour. And the main court SF was Nadal-Federer, any match played against that event would take a hit.

·
Registered
16,493 Posts
Well this match was re-scheduled so it's difficult to say how many spectators would have been there had it been on it's original day. However, it only costs 10 or 20 Euro to get into the ground, plus many people who should have the CPC ticket to get in for free, so it's definitely not a good turn out.

·
La nuit je mens
89,768 Posts
Seems like showing off politics succes than caring about sports (not saying that doesn't happen elsewhere and even more so).
11 millions people in France watched the opening match of the women's soccer Word Cup. If that doesn't show interest for sport.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

That's why we fought for 10 years to get the Olympics.
Or why we host big events all the time.
And still the worst slam by a mile. You are french thats explain why you are like that.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts