Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
La nuit je mens
89,707 Posts
Have you ever seen the 2009 US Open SF between Wozniacki and Wickmayer ?

Well, like most people. The attendance was worse and I don't even think it was broadcasted.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
The match was affected by the wash out so it had to be scheduled for the day after it was originally planned. It's not the players' fault and they made a good account of themselves. Konta articulated herself very well in the press conference to combat this bs narrative. Ask the organisers where it went wrong.

·
Registered
555 Posts
What a shame

Can we already forget this tournament and move onto Wimbledon please?

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
1500? More than I expected.

·
Banned
2,413 Posts
Top players has to be consistent and sports is run by stars. People will say it's exciting that every slam is won by random players. Not exciting for ticket buyers.slams should be won by top players whts the point of being top player if you lose to anyone?
People won't buy tickets for unknown players.
I hope top players buckleup especially next generation and make deep runs. This is only way. Stars will automatically sell tickets!

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
Have you ever seen the 2009 US Open SF between Wozniacki and Wickmayer ?

Well, like most people. The attendance was worse and I don't even think it was broadcasted.
Leave Wickmayer alone. She's was absolutely flawless back then in her blue outfit.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Bogus thread. Look at how it was affected and the court it was on.

WTA was right to make a comment on it.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Top players has to be consistent and sports is run by stars. People will say it's exciting that every slam is won by random players. Not exciting for ticket buyers.slams should be won by top players whts the point of being top player if you lose to anyone?
People won't buy tickets for unknown players.
I hope top players buckleup especially next generation and make deep runs. This is only way. Stars will automatically sell tickets!
This is why the tournaments need to seed half the players.
It is insane to have top players eliminate other top players in the 1sr round.
The organisers need to keep the top players alive in the event to draw interest from the average fan.

·
La nuit je mens
89,707 Posts
Look at how Wimbledon is affected every every year, but the tickets are sold out months before and even the tiniest court is packed.
There was no tickets as the matches was supposed to be on Chatrier :shrug:

RG was sold out. But that day, the Mathieu and Lenglen were open for people with ground tickets. Which is basically nothing as there's only doubles, juniors and wheelchairs happening at that point.

There was 1500 people on Mathieu and almost 5000 on Lenglen for the women's SF. Which basically means there was at least 6500 ground ticket holders that day, which is already great for a day when no big match was scheduled to happen outside Chatrier.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts

·
La nuit je mens
89,707 Posts

·
Registered
12,804 Posts
1500? Shocked

It looked like 500....

It was an extremely gloomy day with howling winds and rain, just a horrible situation for everyone involved.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
That was at the Djokovic vs Thiem match. Why are you going out of your way to shit on women's tennis? Are you in the wrong forum?
It’s RG I’m shitting on, not women’s tennis :lol: I loved this year’s semi final line up :hearts:

The photo was taken during the Djokovic match but the red sleeves were still visible during the women’s final (ya know, because it was played on the same day)

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Was not their fault. Weather and terrible sexist organization was the reason. It was actually a quality match and deserved at least Suzanne Lenglen.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts