Tennis Forum banner

161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
So I'm checking WTALover and TennisOne. I like that TennisOne has OOP and draw is updated, it doesn't have stats though. WTALover should be acquired by WTA tbh, it has a vibe that WTA official app will have and it's already pretty well-made. It has live rankings, live scores with stats, tournaments schedule, and info about them. But it's kinda messy, it's not as user-friendly as TennisOne. Also, it doesn't have as clear OOP (by courts). think I prefer TennisOne because it's very simple and easy to use, but I need to check both of them for a little bit longer.

·
Banned
22,487 Posts
Screenshot_20210106-093036_WhatsApp.jpg

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
What's the best app on computer to replace protennislive ?
@ Powershot

Wtatennis give wrong scores... and Flashresult give false live stats

·
Registered
214 Posts
Seriously, this is very embarrassing...
I also don't like the new graphs for the scoring card for the live broadcasts. Very amateur looking.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I can't understand why he includes access to ITF scores as one of his metrics, yet doesn't include the ITF live scoring web page/app itself. It may only cover ITF matches, but it's a terrific resource - and its live coverage is instant because it's fed directly from the chair umpire's tablet.
The way ITF presents the live scores, with "momentum" trend, is by far the best.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
They are really a bunch of mug... three month to make an app
looks like they were too busy last year to work on it:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
That has to be present in the software that the umpires use, and as in doubles they can switch who serves first in the 2nd set, and also when you add the tiebreaks, it becames a lot of stuff to update the umpire
We're talking about touching a screen that has four names on it! The order of serve can't change within a set, and that includes any tie-break. The software is already set up to seamlessly score the tie-break itself, so I can't see why there should be any problem. Once the first two games have been served it can look after itself. Same thing applies in a match tie-break - tick the first two servers and the rest follows automatically. For all we know it may actually do this already, but simply doesn't output the data separately.

Of course plenty of pairs do change their serving order in a second set - most often because Player A generally serves first, whichever end they're starting from. Again, though, all it needs is a touch on the screen and off they go.
the WTA website scores are supposed to be the same
The ProTennisLive scoring definitely came directly from the chair umpire, but the Twitter post above demonstrates just how flawed the live scoring was yesterday. Hopefully they will have that sorted before today's play begins.
As for Ukraine/USA its really strange, such data should be taken from the profile of the player, not input manually
The only thing I could think of was that somehow it linked Christian's data to Kichenok's, showing them both as Ukrainian.

·
Registered
32,087 Posts
The WTA can never roll out anything decent. It's always a mess when they have a new website.

It took them like half a year to have WTA TV and now they don't have have anything ready while the ATP has a new app available. It's pure incompetence at this point.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts

·
Registered
17,084 Posts
With that timeframe, you would think they are reinventing the wheel. A two person startup out of a shared workspace could creative something within a couple of weeks. Embarrassing and pathetic from the WTA but nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to them.
It is just incompetence and it is very sad but we are used it by now ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
I posted this nonsensical doubles final score in the Live Commentary thread.

(It was actually 4-6, 6-3, 8-10)

I've just looked at the website again, and I couldn't believe what I saw. What's there now is even worse than before!

Whatever the inputter is smoking has some seriously bad ingredients! :eek:😡🤬

·
Registered
17,084 Posts
I posted this nonsensical doubles final score in the Live Commentary thread.

View attachment 183577

(It was actually 4-6, 6-3, 8-10)

I've just looked at the website again, and I couldn't believe what I saw. What's there now is even worse than before!

View attachment 183578

Whatever the inputter is smoking has some seriously bad ingredients! :eek:
Yesterday they said the technical issues were addressed :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 208 Posts