Tennis Forum banner

201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've heard of the woefully inadequate explanation of why this app no longer operates. It was however the simplest and quickest way of checking on ALL professional tennis live scores. The separate replacements are just inadequate and cumbersome. Do the WTA and ATP not realise how much they have shot themselves in the foot, particularly at this time when tennis hungry fans are seeking to get as much ready info as they can. It's ironic that at a time when closer cooperation was being mooted between the men's and women's tours, something is being done to undermine this whole process. Pathetic.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't get the pre-occupation with the WTA app for livescores. I've never used it, but I do know that Flashscore probably does it better. Not only scores but previews and often a prediction of (important) matches, details on players, rankings, draws, archives etc etc. And while there's a changeover you can check any other sport you like.
I've just checked on the results on Evgeniya Burdina, ranked 928.......:) It shows me from 2018, girls Wimbledon...just for the purpose of this reply.

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
I don't get the pre-occupation with the WTA app for livescores. I've never used it, but I do know that Flashscore probably does it better.
Flashscore (and its stablemates) don't, for example, show aces, second serves and double faults as they happen. Nor do they show live stats on the same screen - you have to toggle backwards and forwards. Also, it's not the WTA app that anyone is referring to - it is the ProTennisLive app (and website), which was the official scoring resource for both the ATP and WTA.

That being said, all users of Adobe Flash had ample notice that it would be discontinued at the end of 2020. I realise that Covid has meant that everyone has had different priorities since March, and that staff have been laid off in so many companies all around the world (those that are still operating), but creating a new live scoring app for the tours is something which I would have thought a top-notch coder with a passion for tennis could have done in a reasonably short timeframe, and without too much expense. It's not like it has a paywall and subscription component (which would triple the cost). As we've seen from the debacle which was the doubles scoring in Abu Dhabi, the WTA can't get it right when they try to create it themselves.
Not only scores but previews and often a prediction of (important) matches, details on players, rankings, draws, archives etc etc.
Granted. This is something which the ATP/WTA should also have as part of the scoring app, not just through pages on their respective websites. There should be seamless links for all of this information.
And while there's a changeover you can check any other sport you like.
Sure, but I'm watching the tennis, not some other sport.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I get your drift, but we're not really watching tennis when following a livescore app. I'm never particularly interested in match statistics, not when i follow scores or watching real time. Nor afterwards. Dry statistics. I don't even really want to know whether it was a double fault or not, just as there is no app which tells me it was a slice\smash\netball or winner\u.e. (is there ?)

When following flashscore I'm usually in a situation where 1: I'm not able to watch, or 2: I shouldn't really be following tennismatches....

And following flashscore my imagination tends to run away with me. Why is that point taking so long, must be a tight rallye. That was a quick one, must have been an ace \ double fault. Sometimes following scores is more nervewrecking than watching when a favourite is involved.....

·
Registered
17,184 Posts
I get your drift, but we're not really watching tennis when following a livescore app. I'm never particularly interested in match statistics, not when i follow scores or watching real time. Nor afterwards. Dry statistics. I don't even really want to know whether it was a double fault or not, just as there is no app which tells me it was a slice\smash\netball or winner\u.e. (is there ?)

When following flashscore I'm usually in a situation where 1: I'm not able to watch, or 2: I shouldn't really be following tennismatches....

And following flashscore my imagination tends to run away with me. Why is that point taking so long, must be a tight rallye. That was a quick one, must have been an ace \ double fault. Sometimes following scores is more nervewrecking than watching when a favourite is involved.....
Yes but that’s why people want the official app . Of course personal preference will always be different

The official app had draw/opp shortly after they were done . For Abu Dhabi we had to wait almost 2 hours for the draws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
Yes but that’s why people want the official app . Of course personal preference will always be different

The official app had draw/opp shortly after they were done . For Abu Dhabi we had to wait almost 2 hours for the draws
The other great feature was being able to set either tournament time or your own local time, to make sure that you didn't miss any matches. Unlike Flashscore, etc, though, it was just one click to toggle back and forth, rather than having to actually change the settings.

·
Registered
969 Posts
The other great feature was being able to set either tournament time or your own local time, to make sure that you didn't miss any matches. Unlike Flashscore, etc, though, it was just one click to toggle back and forth, rather than having to actually change the settings.
I agree, but on Flashscore you can receive alerts when match starts, finish, favorite players, so again you won't miss matches - all that was missing on the protennislive

201 - 208 of 208 Posts