Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I am so envious of golf right now. From the outside looking in that sport seems to have handled this situation reasonably and maturely; now they have fantastic tournaments every week. Meanwhile we are going to have to deal with a thousand hysterical Kyrgios tweets before things ever get started up again.
Golf is my favourite sport to watch when hung over, its so pleasant and always has a soothing soundtrack.

·
Registered
113,486 Posts
I dont think this will hurt tennis restarting. But there was no reason to be tough guys. All the events when they start, will have some distancing. So no reason to do this event like its still 2019.
I understand why golf started first. Because there is nothing big right after Wimbledon, which had insurance. So the tours decided to wait until there were events that might not lose money to put on with no fans. And have them leadup to the next major.

·
Registered
328 Posts
She's a smart girl. Great statement. She prefers life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. There is a choice to be made; take the red pill or continue to take the blue pill and be a COVID-ite.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
She's a smart girl. Great statement. She prefers life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. There is a choice to be made; take the red pill or continue to take the blue pill and be a COVID-ite.
Counterpoint: preferably the only people with long-term health consequences/death are red-pill global MAGA c***s.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
"Everyone should be responsible for their actions" -Dayana Yamstreska, in the long post defending Novaxx Djokovic

So why should he be immune from criticism and repercussions to his status on the player's council, after organizing an event with ZERO safety measures and a PACKED player party? Not to mention that his wife was posting conspiracy theories about Covid-19 being a hoax.

The last couple of months have not been kind to that entire family's image :poop: Surprised that Bajin let Dayana get involved with this.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Djokovic is way ahead of the game!!!!
Now that he has had covid, he can travel and do what ever he wants with no restrictions.
If they have the USO, all the other players will be quarantined in a 100 year old hotel, with no running water and will be fed tasteless gruel every day.
Djokovic will be free as a bird, staying at a 17 star hotel and eating food prepared by his private chef.

·
Registered
31,248 Posts
I don't understand how Djokovic can simultaneously believe a positive mindset can purify water and use that high technology egg at the same time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
How is Djokovic 'now free'...we have no evidence yet that getting COVID gives you immunity. Any long term or permanent damage is not yet known. He moves around in international circles that are risky, so needs to behave with care not to expose other people, particularly the elderly to risk. Etc etc...
This is not a joke with easy solutions. Listen to medical experts, not 'personal freedom' crazies.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Omg I love her game but is she for real? Why didn't anybody stop her? It hurt just reading her English and bad articulation. She literally has no point? Oh because we all love the sport and we should all honor freedom it's okay to act completely retarded and disregard all the guidelines for COVID19? Come on. That's just stupidity on another level!
Look to Charleston to see how it can be done if you have a freaking brain!
I've read it, and can find little wrong grammatically, please point out the mistakes..... And I can't hear her articulation in the tweet, sorry....A bit bigot (?) to comment on her pronounciation ?? I don't agree with what she ( or her management./ PR agent) is trying to say, but hey, she's allowed to have an opinion isn't she ? We on this forum seem to think we can have an opinion on everything...and agree to disagree...

Ii found this WTA pic on Charleston, doesn't seem to be much social distancing and/or facemasks....the only thing missing is the topless nightclub.....

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I've read it, and can find little wrong grammatically, please point out the mistakes..... And I can't hear her articulation in the tweet, sorry....A bit bigot (?) to comment on her pronounciation ?? I don't agree with what she ( or her management./ PR agent) is trying to say, but hey, she's allowed to have an opinion isn't she ? We on this forum seem to think we can have an opinion on everything...and agree to disagree...

Ii found this WTA pic on Charleston, doesn't seem to be much social distancing and/or facemasks....the only thing missing is the topless nightclub.....

Are you trolling? Because as of January 2020 Wozniacki is a retired player and is definitely NOT in Charleston right now. That's an old picture of her at a Liverpool game, a club who by the way can't have any fans at their matches until God Knows When. Players in Charleston are social distancing and wearing face masks when they aren't on court, as you can see:

21 - 40 of 65 Posts