Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.3%
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming all the top players are playing and aren't injured, WHO WILL WIN THE US OPEN 2005???

·
Registered
47,684 Posts
Patty even though shes not on the list. If she doesn't win it then Peng will. If she can play like she did against Kim then she will dominate the field:devil:

·
Registered
500 Posts
early days BUT the smart money is suprizingly is for clijsters, then sharapova and Henin, then willaim sisters....next is dav' in double figs......so far sharapova looks ok to me

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
This is a tough question :cool: , imo the front runners are (in no particular order;) ):

Lindsay - always played well on hardcourts, has won it before, if she is on with her groundies, will be trouble for anyone.

Kim - plays really well on the hardcourts, the best player on the stuff this year, has beaten everyone in the draw

Venus - Coming off wimby she will have alot of confidence, if she keeps the errors down has more than a chance.

Serena - Is always a threat a major, dont know what her form is like, without any injuries she has a shot though.

Justine - seems to be able to bring her A game for all the big events, not her best surface, but can still win it.

Sharapova- dont really know what kind of form she will be in when she gets there, but has a big game and is mentally strong enough to go through 7 matches.

Outside chances: Pierce & Mauresmo- mary is playing really well and momo has the game to win but not the head.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Too soon to tell, but I think Justine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kim, if she doesn't lose :p

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
farini said:
Kim, if she doesn't lose :p

we have to hope she doesnt draw lindsay again then ;)

·
Registered
605 Posts
My heart says Nastya (hopefully she catches a hot streak)
My head says Serena Williams

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
In particular order: Serena, Justine, Venus.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
if we're talking all the players played their a-games. I think Serena and Justine...but Justine because of her advantage mentally.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts