Tennis Forum banner

1761 - 1768 of 1768 Posts

·
Registered
13,845 Posts
:love::love::love:

I do wonder how many people will get to play being as they will probably play a very limited schedule, and what amount of TT Players will come back 😭
I've been practicing and am ready to return at a moment's notice

·
Registered
24,063 Posts
I'm dead 😂

Reactions: Mauriac

·
Registered
24,063 Posts
I am unable to find what is the current rule

I know before if you send to the person posting the OOP and not the manager your picks were invalid unless are forwarded before the deadline or some shit like that

What is the current standing on this matter?

·
Registered
18,238 Posts
I am unable to find what is the current rule

I know before if you send to the person posting the OOP and not the manager your picks were invalid unless are forwarded before the deadline or some shit like that

What is the current standing on this matter?
I believe it's as long as the manager that it was supposed to be sent to is clearly labeled, you can accept them. In Lexington it was clearly labeled

Picks must be sent to the person(s) nominated in the OOP. If the player sent to a different person and the picks are forwarded to the right persons then those picks still cannot be accepted.
Picks will still count in cases where the manager is also the opponent of a player/team and those sent picks to him and not to a Co-Manager who was nominated in the OOP for taking the manager´s opponents picks only.
However players should always have the option to send picks to someone else, if the manager is their next opponent.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
77,903 Posts
There is no ""Better of 2019 and 2020" ranking system like WTA?
Points will drop off like usual? Except weeks 11-29 that will last an extra year?

·
Administrator
67,499 Posts
Yes, we discussed on how to do this - because last years week 30 points for example all events are all put on in one column so it's not a simple thing to remove just Palermo only, so we decided the whole weeks points.

Obviously should the US Open or any other upcoming events be cancelled the points from last year will remain.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
77,903 Posts
I see. This means that Wimbledon 2019 points will effectively be good for 19 months, while USO 19 and AO 20 points will only be good for 7 months and will be gone before. HUGE advantage for players that had good weeks 11-29 last year.

·
Administrator
67,499 Posts
I see. This means that Wimbledon 2019 points will effectively be good for 19 months, while USO 19 and AO 20 points will only be good for 7 months and will be gone before. HUGE advantage for players that had good weeks 11-29 last year.
OK - we've had a further discussion about it - what I'll do is highlight last years Palermo points then add this years with the highest counting for the current ranks rather than removing all of last years Week 30

The WTA site procedure is :-

In reaching this decision, various elements were considered including the provisional 2020 revised calendar, various travel restrictions, varying levels of player comfort of traveling to compete, as well as the elimination of player commitment requirements for the remainder of 2020.

Under the revised system, a player’s ranking will be comprised of her best 16 results in singles and best 11 results in doubles based on the points earned between March 2019 through December 2020. A player’s ranking breakdown will include the "Better of 2019 and 2020" points earned at Tour-level and Grand Slam events. Further, a player may not count the same WTA Tour or Grand Slam level result twice in her ranking breakdown. Tour-level points added in 2020 will drop after the event is scheduled to be played again in 2021 or after 52 weeks, whichever is earlier.

1761 - 1768 of 1768 Posts