Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1732 Posts

·
Registered
19,056 Posts
Re: "Ask the board" thread! Vol 2 ( List of current TT board members in the opening p

and how would we know if someone from our ignore list committed for our tourney if we have them on ignore in the first place? :p
When you open tournament thread remove them from ignore, if they don't commit until second deadline put them on ignore again.

·
Registered
29,520 Posts
Re: "Ask the board" thread! Vol 2 ( List of current TT board members in the opening p

Thanks :hatoff: @Darth Revan, your attempt to vulture Poitiers flopped :facepalm: , now you are not playing any tournament for this week :sobbing:

·
Registered
23,088 Posts

why d fak can't I play Poitiers? :rolleyes:

I have seen people waiting to get into Q of WTA, they sent as ALTs did not get in, and went to be ALTs for an ITF that did not start yet. Even SAISAI approved it when it was for Davidspell and danieln1 IIRC.

but what ever, not like I need the points anyway

·
Registered
23,088 Posts

When you open tournament thread remove them from ignore, if they don't commit until second deadline put them on ignore again.
seems like too much work :p :eek:h:

·
Registered
29,520 Posts

why d fak can't I play Poitiers? :rolleyes:

I have seen people waiting to get into Q of WTA, they sent as ALTs did not get in, and went to be ALTs for an ITF that did not start yet. Even SAISAI approved it when it was for Davidspell and danieln1 IIRC.

but what ever, not like I need the points anyway
I think it is because being an ALT for a RR event is different than being an ALT for a regular tournament :hug:

·
Registered
23,088 Posts

why? :weirdo:

·
Registered
29,520 Posts

why? :weirdo:
because you made a commitment in Singapore to serve as alternate for the entire round robin tournament and you should honor that commitment :ras:

do you see Venus getting up from Singapore after collecting her fees and then going to play another tournament the same week :eek:h:

if I were you, I would at least send for Round Robin Day 2 because you can still win the tournament and gain over 1300 points :wink2:

·
Registered
23,088 Posts

first of all, I know I can't win both matches left, there is like a 5% chance of that happening, and to get two losses or one win and one loss is way less then I could get in Zhuhai where I can try to make it past the RR.
as for Poitiers I committed there for the love of the game, I don't need points that badly, I am just pointing out the double standard in the rules :shrug:

·
Registered
29,520 Posts

first of all, I know I can't win both matches left, there is like a 5% chance of that happening, and to get two losses or one win and one loss is way less then I could get in Zhuhai where I can try to make it past the RR.
as for Poitiers I committed there for the love of the game, I don't need points that badly, I am just pointing out the double standard in the rules :shrug:
it is not a double standard

don't enter as ALT of regular tournament >>> NO MORE chance of playing tournament >>> allowed to try to enter another tournament the same week

don't enter as ALT of YEC RR Day 1 >>> still two more chances to enter YEC on RR Day 2 and RR Day 3 >>> not allowed to enter another tournament the same week

:nerd:

·
Admin
65,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

I think it is because being an ALT for a RR event is different than being an ALT for a regular tournament :hug:
Yes!
For normal tournaments we also don't have a rule that ALTs (who did not get into QD) are not allowed to play another tournament in the same week, those normal ALTs can always commit to an ITF in the same week if they did not get in but for the YEC events we do have a specific rule about it that ALTs are not allowed to play another tournament in the same week.

·
Banned
7,560 Posts

Dear The Lovely Board,

There is a slight chance that I will have to be in the City that Never Sleeps on Wednesday Morning. I was wondering what the policy was regarding posting the differences. Granted that I am still ascertaining what my exact schedule is in the city, I still don't know what I'm walking into.

I was curious as to whether it is appropriate to post differences for matches where you have received picks from both players a few hours before the deadline when you have the opportunity to do so--or whether it is more prudent to wait until all picks have been received and post as soon as is humanely possible after the deadline.

Thoughts?

Regards,
James

·
Admin
65,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

Dear The Lovely Board,

There is a slight chance that I will have to be in the City that Never Sleeps on Wednesday Morning. I was wondering what the policy was regarding posting the differences. Granted that I am still ascertaining what my exact schedule is in the city, I still don't know what I'm walking into.

I was curious as to whether it is appropriate to post differences for matches where you have received picks from both players a few hours before the deadline when you have the opportunity to do so--or whether it is more prudent to wait until all picks have been received and post as soon as is humanely possible after the deadline.

Thoughts?

Regards,
James
Managers are allowed to set an earlier deadline, this way you could post differences of those who already sent their picks and all others would have to wait until you are back and then you would post the remaining differences (Deadline to send picks would be the "normal" deadline and not the earlier deadline set by the manager)

However, it does not make much sense if you put the manager deadline too early (if you still miss a lot of picks), it also is not a big problem if diffs are 1/2 hours at one day only, or someone else posts the differences for you on that day...

·
Premium Member
20,481 Posts

Hey guys,

I've never dealt with a rain delay. Matches got cancelled in Macon and the OOP has changed.
I only have one qualifying match that this will effect. What should I do?

·
Admin
65,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)

Hey guys,

I've never dealt with a rain delay. Matches got cancelled in Macon and the OOP has changed.
I only have one qualifying match that this will effect. What should I do?
Both should send for tomorrow!
For Monday Tuesday OOP you only use new matches which were not on the Original OOP for today.
The players from Qualifying who made picks for today already are not allowed to make new picks for the matches which got cancelled today, you will just complete the round from today tomorrow.
And for the one player who faces the unknown Qualifier in MD you can post both possible differences, vs. Qualifier X and Qualifier Y on Monday.

·
Premium Member
20,481 Posts

Just want to doubles check:

I have one LL in Macon. I could place them against a Top 30 LE or the lowest ranked player. My guess is the LE. Would just like to confirm. Thanks!

·
Registered
18,085 Posts

When I have seen the only time the OOP for Poitiers it was 10 AM local.. When I woke up, it was 9:30AM, can I accept picks until 10 AM local, because it was my mistake? :shrug:

41 - 60 of 1732 Posts