Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is obvious that Lindsay and the other players consider the slams the biggest tournaments on tour. I was thinking though, what tournament do you think she considers a special one that she likes to win that is not a slam. My opinion is Indian Wells. She always seems to play well there and since it is close to her home she seems to love it. What about the other players? I know Miami is close to the hearts of Venus and Serena. Conchita seems to love Charlston. What do you think about players favorite tourneys outside of the slams?

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
i think lindsay has a few tournies which she seems to always do well

tokyo indoor, stanford, los angeles and zurich, just to name a few

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Actually Lindsay has been quoted as saying the Olympic gold was her most treasured title.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I would agree with that ranking list, tennisIlove, but instead I would group all of the Tier I's together. Many people like to think that just because of the large draw and large cash prize, Miami is the most elite and prestigious of the Tier I events. It simply isn't true in the players' eyes. Many Europeans I know would rather win Roma, Berlin, Moscow, etc. Lindsay never even cared about Miami that much - she didn't bother playing there this year.

I would say the Olympic Gold means the most to Davenport besides her Slams, and I'm disappointed and surprised that she doesn't want to play for her country this year. :eek: :( :sad: After that, I'd say that she holds all of her Californian titles in high regard, particularly the two Indian Wells wins.

·
Registered
39,537 Posts
Tokio is important for her I think.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,053 Posts
Olympic gold medalist

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
I think it's gotta be olympic GOLD.

If you are like an athlete on the track, they train for 4 years just for the olympics, and getting medals at that 1 event (ok you may train hard for the world champs aswell, but apart from them 2 that come every 2 years, there is no huge tournaments)

So if your a tennis player, there is the slams in between each Olympics, so Lindsay has won olympic gold which is a great achievement, and also multiple slams to go with it.

So im bacically saying that MOST athletes would be more than happy to have won Olympic gold in their career, but Lindsay has ALL her other tennis achievements to go with that Gold :)

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Definitely the Olympic Gold Medal since she has said that herself. I think winning that medal is what began Lindsay's journey to greatness.

·
Banned
959 Posts
Farina Elia: Strasbourg
Patty Schyder: Zurich
Fabiola Zuluaga: Bogota

As for Lindsay, Tokyo has been her and Martina's tournaments without questions.
Another one will probably be 2001 YEC, I thought it was significant even though she didnt win. She ended that year at #1, and after that she said that Jennifer would have deserved it.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
SerenaVenusNo1 said:
Helen Lawson and I. The Slams aren't to be counted for the purposes of this discussion because they are the obvious choices. So are the Olympics and they are disqualified for that reason too.
Helen is just a lovable ol Kook. You on the otherhand cannot READ since you obviously no nothing about Lindsay Davenport or read the title of this thread.

Now guess again would you.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts