Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the entire Asian Swing has been cancelled. Other than Indian Wells being played in October, has anyone heard what events will be replacing this stretch? They added hard court events in Germany and Czech Republic last year, maybe they will do something similar? Maybe they could add another event in Indian Wells as well? There are like 10-12 events that have been cancelled so thats going to take some doing to replace it.

Apparently they havent cancelled the WTA Elite Finals nor the WTA Finals YET that are set to take place in Asia, but you have to imagine that those will be cancelled as well.

·
Registered
117,238 Posts
I think if they cant get an agreement about YEC they will have something in Europe
At least there is IW. and 4 majors

·
Registered
36,801 Posts
I don't think Seoul cancellation is confirmed, although logically it seems most likely.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hopefully they can actually have tournaments unlike last year where they had like 2 tiny events to end the year

·
Registered
38,007 Posts
The WTA should have foreseen this and moved St Petersburg to the end of the season to have a mini Russian swing. There were so many ridiculously weak tournaments placed stupidly on the calendar and now there are basically no tournaments confirmed. Even all these European MMs after Wimbledon are going to be so weak because of the Olympics and the USO. Why couldn't they have been year-end Indoor MMs? The lack of leadership is so disappointing.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I hope the ranking points will drop off. Would not be fair if Swiatek loses 1570 points that she won last year while Osaka keeps the 1470 points she won 2 years ago.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Is there a reason they decided to do so? I though Covid in Asia is rather stable now?
China is very very very strict with its entry guidelines, many chinese citizens outside of china are not even allowed back in the country

·
Registered
13,389 Posts
Let's crash Turin for YEC Simon, like an unwelcomed wedgie. Or maybe the O2 Arena.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts