Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Ashley listed Madrid as MDO since she has a chance to get into Rome with here new rank...

I hope she doesnt fall into the trap of only playing these big tourmaments just because she can get in...

One of the things I admired about Vera Z and Sveta last year was how they were willing to hone their games in the lower level tournaments, even after they were able to get into the bigger ones...

Ashley needs to continue playing smaller tournaments to work on her game and chance to win that first title...

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
BK4ever said:
I noticed that Ashley listed Madrid as MDO since she has a chance to get into Rome with here new rank...

I hope she doesnt fall into the trap of only playing these big tourmaments just because she can get in...

One of the things I admired about Vera Z and Sveta last year was how they were willing to hone their games in the lower level tournaments, even after they were able to get into the bigger ones...

Ashley needs to continue playing smaller tournaments to work on her game and chance to win that first title...
I agree! I think she should play some lower tier tournaments until she gets more experienced.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was surprised to see that Ash was in the draw at Berlin, I wonder what happened. I hope she is ok...

I would like to see her play Rome and Madrid...she needs to play as much on clay as possible as its her best surface and her best chance to earn points...

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I read on one of her fan sites that Ashley will play Rome, Strasbourg, Eastbourne and Wimbledon. Go Ashley! :bounce:

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its strange but she is on the commit list for Madrid but not Strasbourg...

I wish she would play Birmingham instead of Eastbourne :(

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
She's on the Strasbourg website now as the highest ranked player in qualifying, probably because they used old rankings before Charleston or she entered late because she's higher ranked than some of the players in the main draw.

Good luck Ashley in Europe!

Although I do agree that she should try Birmingham instead of Eastbourne, she'll probably be in qualies at Eastbourne anyway so she'll get some match practice regardless

Reactions: selesfan

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
selesfan said:
I read on one of her fan sites that Ashley will play Rome, Strasbourg, Eastbourne and Wimbledon. Go Ashley! :bounce:
No French?? :confused:

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, she is definitely playing the French, it was probably a typo by selesfan.

Ashley is definitely playing Strasbourg...she should get into the MD since Tammy who is on the list is not playing...

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
It was quite a scare, I didn't understand why she wouldn't be playing.

Thanx.:)

·
Martina&Roger <3
7,823 Posts
Good luck Ashley :D

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Ashley's entered in Vienna now as well and is entered in both Eastbourne and s'Hertogenbosch.

I think this is a great idea for her to get some more clay wins because she really didn't get to utilize her favorite surface due to the age restrictions.

I think I'd rather her play in s'Hertogenbosch at this point, even though it's her second choice because the draw looks pretty weak after the top four and she might be able to pick up a couple maindraw wins unlike Eastbourne where the draw is excellent and there are a lot of experienced grass courters.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
she entered in palermo as well.this is the week after wimbledon and it's on red clay.
and most important thing is that palermo is just 2 hours from my home so i'm going there for sure cheering for my babe Ashley! :cool:

·
Martina&Roger <3
7,823 Posts
And take her some photos too, Lindsayfan? ;) :p

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I have a feeling Ashley will be pulling out of some of these tournaments. She is turning into Dokic and playing too much.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
I have a feeling Ashley will be pulling out of some of these tournaments. She is turning into Dokic and playing too much.
That is why I am not a fan of the age restriction rule, these girls go nuts when they turn 18 and play every week and still get worn out about the time they are 20, so what is the point?

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
well ashley isnt supposed to go far in every event she plays!specially on grass i fear she'll play really bad so maybe she can play 3/4 events in a row if she gets at maximum second/third round in any of them.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think Ashley is just trying to play as much on clay as possible...I'm curious to see how she will do on the grass...

she will have a tough time during the HC season...even though its her fave surface...she does better on slow surfaces...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts