Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Would Jesus do? I wonder if this mean she is religious or why she is wearing it I remember when they were more popular like 4 years ago people found so many meanings for it . I wonder what is the reason for her wearing it

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Paradorn Srichaphan can bow to all four corners out of a Buddhist tradition. Serena thanks "my god Jehovah" every time she wins. Now Ashley is flashy because she wears a WWJD bracelet and talks about what her faith means to her. She's not going door to door....leave her alone. I think it's great a young girl like her speaks out about her faith.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Heaven forbid she be who she is and talk/display her interests...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,637 Posts
A relevant question might be whether Ashley is more loyal to the decidedly anti-establishment tradition of Jesus re. the oligarchs back then; or to a religion that (since Christianity became dominant in Europe over a thousand years ago) became an integral part of the very evils Jesus fought. (Anyone who thinks ppl like Jimmy Swaggart are only a recent phenomenon needs to do some more research). ;)

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I think Ashley might be trying to define her personality or to establish an image?? It's hard for me to explain. Do you all remember two years ago she talked about how she liked tight clothes and her favorite player was Anna Kournikova?
Anyways I think she is trying to steer herself away from the "hot babe" stuff that the MEDIA was portraying. There is absolutely nothing wrong with expressing your faith!

PLEASE NOTE: I am in no way slamming Ashley or Anna or any religion!

·
Registered
27,056 Posts
Meesh,
I can't believe you just totally slammed Ashley and Anna and their religions.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Ha Ha very funny :devil:

but don't you agree that she is trying to share this part of herself to sort of change the image that the MEDIA is portraying? They used to intro her as Andy ex-girlfriend when she first came out.

·
Registered
27,056 Posts
Yeah, I think it's a nice form of self-expression. Just like anything else, she should be encouraged to be herself.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.