Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Keep calm and be gay.
52,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sleeve Hat Gesture Font Flash photography

Tennis dominated the Top 10 with half (5/10).
1. Osaka, 2. Serena, 3. Venus, 5. Muguruza & 8. Barty are inside the Top 10 of 2021 Highest-Paid Female Athletes

Raducanu nowhere on the list. Probably because she exploded late in 2021? 🤔

·
Keep calm and be gay.
52,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
why would Emma be in 2021 list when most of the sponsors she signed were in last 2-3 months of 2021? Most of her earnings in 2021 would have been from her US Open prize money which was around $2.5M and that wouldn't cut into the top10 list mentioned in the article.. The contracts she had with Nike, Wilson were year by year basis contracts until last year which were worth around $100K. Her renewed contracts with Nike, Wilson this year are probably going to be worth lot more

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
20,233 Posts
If you make this amount of money playing two tournaments why would you work for more than a month a year?

Twitter and IG basically function like passive income for Naomi.
She won't make that amount outside of the top 50 🤷

·
Registered
851 Posts
This is surprising. I thought Raducanu is already in the Top 5, given her many endorsements. Also, Garbine earned twice the amount of Barty, off court. Interesting.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I wouldn't trust anything forbes.com says, they have no credibility. Raducanu will make the list this year.

·
Registered
S. Graf 🐐 ~ Emma Raducanu 👑 🇬🇧
376 Posts
Emma signed most of her endorsements nearly the end of the year and there's still some to be announced. So she'll make it This year.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Naomi, Serena and Venus results last year are far from outstanding yet their off court earning keep increasing by leap and bound, in fact every year since 2018, not decreasing, while all the other top players got scraps. This is not about tennis anymore

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
There really is no need to feel threatened by the existence of Sweet Emma.

I have faithfully followed the WTA tour for many years and could never dream that a mere British person could ever produce anything worthwhile. How wrong I was! You can hear the triumphant Trumpets of the Choirs of Angels shimmering through the tempest of racket majesty that is Sweet Emma.

How can I, so humble to such pristine work, dare have the gull to believe I amount enough in comparison to judge? I've frequently overhead conversations in public referring to Sweet Emma's USO run as unprecedented. Understatement of the century. To call her magical performance "unprecedented" is to call our divine creator himself "not too bad".

Sweet Emma plays tennis with such class and debonair, second only to a donkey with his privates snagged on a barb wire fence. You will never witness blissful groundstrokes as soothing or graceful as those on her maiden Slam. Her matches are excellent for showing to your friends while they nurse a hangover from hell. Sweet Emma will delicately take them over the pain threshold and into unconsciousness. A better place.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Emma made more than her, but it's not reflected in the rankings. These guys do NOT know about the number and size of all the endorsement deals and public TV showings etc. of these athletes. They do know how much prize money they earned from tennis down to the exact $, that's why someone like Barty is ranked very high.

If they did that for men's tennis, Federer should be in the top 3, even with almost no prize money earned from last year.

·
Registered
21,920 Posts
View attachment 205135

Tennis dominated the Top 10 with half (5/10).
1. Osaka, 2. Serena, 3. Venus, 5. Muguruza & 8. Barty are inside the Top 10 of 2021 Highest-Paid Female Athletes

Raducanu nowhere on the list. Probably because she exploded late in 2021?

Interesting how you made the story about Barty instead of Osaka :lol: :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 63 Posts