Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
That´s interesting, I thought she was a bit taller. Simona Halep is 2 cm taller than her. Henin 1 cm too. Cool.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I think Ash's height may be a bit understated - like she's grown since the time they officially recorded her height.

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Yeah I think she's grown. She's not majorly tall of course but she has some really good technique behind her serve which cannot be denied.

·
Banned
17,826 Posts
cool story

·
Registered
366 Posts
It's hard to know for sure with camera angles and shoe differences but I always got the impression she was taller than Halep but shorter than Svitolina.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
She's definitely taller than Henin.

Her height record must be old. 🤣
Yeah, they finally did away with the weight record on the WTA (the one that had Serena listed at an unchanged 125 pounds from 1998 through 2012 or so) but the height records are dodgy.

I think Barty herself said after the French Open final something to the effect of "I'm not that little, I'm 5'7".

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Would've sworn she was taller than Help! 166cms is really, really short for the nº 1!
She is, the listed height is probably accurate from her first senior-level Australian Open when she was 15. She's grown since then.

From the first photo in this AP report:

She's slightly leaning forward, while Halep is bolt upright, and Barty still appears a couple cm taller. Barty's probably about the same height as Sloane Stephens (another player we forget isn't especially tall).

·
Registered
366 Posts
I wouldn't put too much stock in the recorded heights. And if Svitolina is really 1.74 then I would put Barty at least at 1.70.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Sakari, is 1.72 .. I would Say Barty is the same height or max 1-2 cm shorter.

When was the last time they measure her?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts