Tennis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out what is wrong with people like you. Of course most young people barely get sick. So do most older people who catch the virus. But a large number of young people, and it's growing every day, get VERY sick from Covid-19 - and many of them die.

Probably less. But that isn't the point.
I'm still trying to figure out what is wrong with people like you. Of course most young people barely get sick. So do most older people who catch the virus. But a large number of young people, and it's growing every day, get VERY sick from Covid-19 - and many of them die.

Probably less. But that isn't the point.
95% or so of the young people get not sick At all and have very little symptoms. Only when you are very sick already yes then you can die. But that are for 98% very old and sick people. Who also would die from the flu or a little cold or a sunstroke. This week it was on national tvjournal that a 91 year old woman died of Covid 😏 So that’s not even worth to talk about. Where I live there is Covid everywhere but I don’t care that much. Its so much hype. Oure media can’t talk about Anything else. Its really boring and annoying. The tennis players are young and fit. They probably would even get sick. A good flu is much worse.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Hopefully she'll learn how to hit a topspin backhand when she comes back to the tour (if ever).

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
I can’t believe people think the “I can’t train with my coach” excuse is a credible one. It’s ridiculously entitled. I’m sure most players were separated from their coaches during the pandemic. And it’s not as if she hasn’t got the facilities to get some decent prep in or that she can’t communicate with him. All she needed was a decent hitting partner and a tennis court. None of the players went into NY/Cincy with what they would call ideal preparation.
What.
The.
F.

This post was written by someone who does not understand that these are professional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tennis players who cannot have a "decent hitting partner" to travel the world and beat the BEST players in the world.

If this is entitled - what next?

Let me guess - people taking flights to other countries are ridiculously entitled because they could just swim!?

Lord have mercy.

Reactions: AwonderfulKiwi

·
Registered
5,018 Posts

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Hopefully she'll learn how to hit a topspin backhand when she comes back to the tour (if ever).
Your prayers have been answered. So sweet of you to hope for her to get even better than #1 though :)

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
What.
The.
F.

This post was written by someone who does not understand that these are professional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tennis players who cannot have a "decent hitting partner" to travel the world and beat the BEST players in the world.

Let me guess - people taking flights to other countries are ridiculously entitled because they could just swim!?

Lord have mercy.
Every other player got on with it. Every player but Ash Barty.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Every other player got on with it. Every player but Ash Barty.
You know what else every player but Ash Barty did?

Fail to reach #1 and fail to live their best lives drinking beer at packed football games while doing so.

Sorry about it :cool:

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Poor Bencic. It's as though everyone has forgotten she exists.

She played Rome & pulled out of RG with an injury.

Also, she doesnt have the same responsibilities that the no.1 player does.

It’s ironic that in the month we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the original 9, and the huge risk they took, the no.1 player decides to stay home and play golf instead of supporting the tour during a very difficult time, simply because she can’t “train with her coach”. What a shame!

·
King
28,707 Posts
TFers: Barty is so irrelevant and literally nobody cares about her lmao. The tour literally does not need her and I'm going to prove it by writing 900000000 threads and comments about how much I do not care about her or even think about her.

Also TFers: The WTA needs important players like Barty to generate revenue and interest; by not playing tournaments she is letting down the WTA and ruining it single-handedly.

Fam can you make up your minds? Either she's so important that her absence is hurting the WTA or she's so unimportant that her absence doesn't affect the WTA. Like...which one is it?
I mean, seriously, can you stop being so melodramatic?

Barty is irrelevant and a top player by default since the game has been in a complete shambles at the top since Sharapova's doping ban basically, and she doesn't help her cause by doing exactly what she has done in the last few months. Why should people care that she didn't show up to either RG and USO when she seems to care even less about the tour herself? And I don't get what's so LOL about her being papped at a packed football game drinking beer during a pandemic. Another great look for the tour.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I mean, seriously, can you stop being so melodramatic?

Barty is irrelevant and a top player by default since the game has been in a complete shambles at the top since Sharapova's doping ban basically, and she doesn't help her cause by doing exactly what she has done in the last few months. Why should people care that she didn't show up to either RG and USO when she seems to care even less about the tour herself? And I don't get what's so LOL about her being papped at a packed football game drinking beer during a pandemic. Another great look for the tour.
Nobody in the whole tennisworld is talking about the nr 1 , I think that even WTA has forgotten who is the nr 1
She is friendly but irrelevant
There are other girls who gets way more attention then Barty

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Ash is drinking a beer laughing at this thread and doing whatever she wants because she lives in a country who cares about their people and listen to scientists and all of you are angry in your houses.

Grow up. Get a life. Get laid. Something, goodness.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Why should people care that she didn't show up to either RG and USO when she seems to care even less about the tour herself?
And yet again, we have the "I DON'T CARE ABOUT BARTY!!!!!!!!!! Now watch me not care as I write yet another post about how much I don't care just to prove that I don't care about not caring about not caring. Because I do not care."

If you really didn't care, wouldn't you, like...not invest time in writing posts about her? I mean honestly, life is way too precious to spend on things you don't care about.

And I don't get what's so LOL about her being papped at a packed football game drinking beer during a pandemic. Another great look for the tour.
You're totally right.

She's so irrelevant to the tour that her going to football is a "great look for the tour". But wait - I thought she was irrelevant to the tour, no? So surely her behaviour has no impact on how the tour looks? Either she's relevant or she's not. Just let us know either way cuz it's getting so confusing at this point.

To summarise the desires of the "LMAO she's so irrelevant to the tour/she's single-handedly ruining the tour by not participating in the covid slams" crew:

• Barty is completely irrelevant and nobody cares about her.
  • Nonetheless, Barty MUST leave her covid-free land to a pandemic hotspot because if she doesn't the tour looks bad and she owes them. Even though she's irrelevant and nobody cares about her.
  • Barty not wanting to play a slam without seeing her coach for 6 months because of border closures is "ridiculously entitled" and apparently every other player hasn't been able to see their coach either (I'm not sure who else was impacted by border closures in this way but anyway, never let the facts get in the way).
  • Barty can't do any of her pre-match rituals and is all out of sorts being forced to travel without her team.
  • Barty loses in R1 to Cepede-Royg and barely keeps a ball in the court due to lack of...everything
  • TFers complain that Barty is setting a terrible example to the tour by losing this match, 10 more threads complaining about her irrelevance pop up.
  • TFers complain that Barty is unprofessional travelling to slams without proper preparation and should've stayed home.

Hmmmm, sounds awesome

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Some of you losers are really special.

Ash has it made. She’s a rich elite athlete who lives in a beach country without the fame and a long career ahead.

SIGN. ME. UP. NOW.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
What.
The.
F.

Lord have mercy.
No. There is no parallel between swimming between continents and traveling to play a tennis tournament without your coach to hold your hand.

·
King
28,707 Posts
Ash is drinking a beer laughing at this thread
And yet, we’re all sitting here trying to defend her commitment to the tour. Something doesn’t quite add up.

What an image for the game - world number 1’s moment of the year is doing a lame fist pump at a packed sports game - in a covid era - while chugging a pint of fosters. But “LOL GO ASH”.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
And yet again, we have the "I DON'T CARE ABOUT BARTY!!!!!!!!!! Now watch me not care as I write yet another post about how much I don't care just to prove that I don't care about not caring about not caring. Because I do not care."

If you really didn't care, wouldn't you, like...not invest time in writing posts about her? I mean honestly, life is way too precious to spend on things you don't care about.

You're totally right.

She's so irrelevant to the tour that her going to football is a "great look for the tour". But wait - I thought she was irrelevant to the tour, no? So surely her behaviour has no impact on how the tour looks? Either she's relevant or she's not. Just let us know either way cuz it's getting so confusing at this point.

To summarise the desires of the "LMAO she's so irrelevant to the tour/she's single-handedly ruining the tour by not participating in the covid slams" crew:
I don't really have an opinion on Barty not playing during COVID. That said, I don't think that the comments in this thread are contradictory at all.

Both of these can be true:

1. Barty is irrelevant
2. It is frustrating that the #1 WTA player is irrelevant and continues to do things that keep it that way which is detrimental to the tour

I don't necessarily agree with that but the logic works out.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Let her live her life as she wants to.
It's been a tiring and quite frankly depressing year, so it's not a big deal to have some normality and enjoying oneself every now and then.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
And yet, we’re all sitting here trying to defend her commitment to the tour. Something doesn’t quite add up.

What an image for the game - world number 1’s moment of the year is doing a lame fist pump at a packed sports game - in a covid era - while chugging a pint of fosters. But “LOL GO ASH”.
Babe, you’re trying too hard and you sound more ridiculous than usual.

It’s not about the tour. It’s about her personal choices about her health and she is entitled to them. You’re also entitled to yours but can you like, at least make them better? Pretty please.

And or stop talking all together?

THANKS SO MUCH WE APPRECIATE IT IN ADVANCE.

Reactions: ishgever
121 - 140 of 166 Posts