·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Is Errani in Alt list?

·
Registered
43,699 Posts
Still so confused how Ula is playing this event :scratch:

I haven’t seen her name on any WC lists posted here but surely she must be playing since she’s there...

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Anyboby know the time for the main draw? They say it at same time as other years...

We will soon know who gets in Quali, in some hours ithink...
For who lives in Europe, like me, whatever is the time makes no difference, I will be asleep anyhow!

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Anyboby know the time for the main draw? They say it at same time as other years...
Main draw will be announced at noon local time on Saturday.

We will soon know who gets in Quali, in some hours ithink...
Yes, the qualifying draw has been released. Most in here would expect to get into the main draw of an International tournament. Top seed is Kristie Ahn, who will start tomorrow against Caty McNally, then Paula Badosa (against wild card Leylah Fernandez - could we see another Canadian fairytale?) and Ana Bogdan (against Giulia Gatto-Monticone). The mouth-watering clash i'm waiting for on Sunday (assuming there are no upsets tomorrow) is the second round match between Camila Giorgi and Coco Vandeweghe. The only New Zealander in the field, Erin Routliffe, gets to play Sara Errani. Ula Radwanska is NOT in.

The big news from just a few minutes ago is that Valentina Ivanov has been given a wild card into the main draw, joining Paige Hourigan as the New Zealanders there. Although she's obviously never played a match at this level before, she has spent quite a bit of time as hitting partner for Caroline Wozniacki (Auckland last two years) and Venus Williams (Auckland and Australian and French Opens).

81 - 91 of 91 Posts