Jil Teichmann (73)
Laura Siegemund (75)
Monica Puig (79)
Taylor Townsend (82)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Amazing list
5 slam winners, Olympic Gold Medallist, 3 PM finalists, 3 American youngsters. 4 Established veterans.

It will of course fall apart over the next few weeks.
Why? Unless people are injured, they won't pull out. Those who have been before know a good thing when they see it. And those who haven't have been told all about it!

I've pretty much been burbling like a demented idiot since this was released, with so many of my favourite players coming to town. Apart from Dayana Yastremska going to Brisbane, my only real regret is that Iga Swiatek isn't returning.

In case people haven't noticed, Taylor Townsend DOES travel sometimes. She was here last January as well, and got to the doubles final with Paige Hourigan.

·
Registered
599 Posts
field not as deep as brisbane, however a field with bianca, serena and coco will likely get more interest in the u.s. than the other one.

·
Registered
365 Posts
field not as deep as brisbane, however a field with bianca, serena and coco will likely get more interest in the u.s. than the other one.
Considering it's an International versus a Premier, that's not in the least surprising. However, it's the strongest field we've had, and probably the strongest International field you would ever see (now someone shoot me down with statistics!).

It also marks the return of CiCi Bellis, which will add even more interest from the USA. Further down the list is a former winner in Lauren Davis, and of course Townsend (as I mentioned earlier) is there as well. With a heap of European players, quite a few of whom are making their first trip to Auckland, the media interest will hopefully be spread very far and wide.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Bianca & Cici! Hope they don’t have to play in R1 :’)

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
2020 Auckland Main Draw Alternates​
1. Pegula, Jessica USA 84​
2. Bondarenko, Kateryna UKR 85 SR​
3. Kovinic, Danka MNE 86​
4. Maria, Tatjana GER 87​
5. Stojanovic, Nina SRB 88
...​

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Last time Serena played an International was 3 years ago, here in Auckland, losing in the second round to.. Brengle! :oops:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts