Tennis Forum banner

Who currently owns the Best serve in Womens Tennis?

• Lindsay Davenport

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Amelie Mauresmo

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Venus Williams

Votes: 14 9.8%
  • Mary Pierce

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Dinara Safina

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Maria Sharipova

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Nicole Vaidisova

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Serena Williams

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nadia Petrova

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • Svetlana Kuznetsova

Votes: 5 3.5%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If I leave anyone out let me know. :angel:

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Nadia Petrova!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I would say maria but the way Venus punished that thing inside the baseline at Wim 05 showed me it still needs more time to develop into a slighty faster serve. Davenport/Serena/Venus(when shes actually hitting good second serves) can lay claim to that title.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Lindsay/Maria/Nadia tie.

Dinara shouldn't be in the list.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
You left out Sammy Stosur

·
7,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
iliketennis said:
You left out Sammy Stosur
Sorry, Sam does have a good serve.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
Didn't she record the fastest serve at the Australian Open in '05?

·
7,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
iliketennis said:
Didn't she record the fastest serve at the Australian Open in '05?
Not being rude, but just because you have the fastest, doesn't mean it is the best. And I have to defend Dinara Safina. I was impressed with her serve and overall play against Hinis in the Pacific Life Open. Her serve is a tad bit inconsistant, but when she gets that bad boy under control, players are not going to want to see her on the other side of the net.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
yeah sammy has a huge serve very fast,consistent and are really great kick serve

love it when its working for her it's da bomb

·
Registered
578 Posts
Can I say Martina? :hehehe:

I think Davenport and Sharapova have great serves ;)

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
aussy89 said:
yeah sammy has a huge serve very fast,consistent and are really great kick serve

love it when its working for her it's da bomb
That's what I was getting at. Her kick serve is one of the best.

I wasn't saying that speed is the main factor, but a male player (Ivanisevic?) once commented that Venus doesn't know where her serve is heading half the time- obviously you included her because she has a fast serve

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
I dont get it..Safina is in list but not ivanovic???I think she has a great serve..

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
iliketennis said:
That's what I was getting at. Her kick serve is one of the best.

I wasn't saying that speed is the main factor, but a male player (Ivanisevic?) once commented that Venus doesn't know where her serve is heading half the time- obviously you included her because she has a fast serve
Sampras said that.

And its kinda true. Venus doesn't really place her serve well at all.

She used to. Back in 2001 it was kinda scary. Watch her 2001 Wimbledon matches. She hardly lost points.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
i don't get why everyone thinks maria has the best serve. i hate watching it

am i just weird in thinking that justine's is good. sure it's not the most powerful but it is quite effective... i love watching serves from justine, serena

kinda like roddick/safin vs. federer

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
ceiling_fan said:

am i just weird in thinking that justine's is good. sure it's not the most powerful but it is quite effective... i love watching serves from justine, serena

i think justine got a good serve too but its not much effective nowadays coz she just doesnt put enough 1st serves in consistently...Her 2nd serve is good too but its not spectacular plus its kinda predictable..She doesnt go wide on deuce side or down t on ad side at all on 2nd serve..But if the serves on its really effective for sure..Yeah serena serve is :worship: ..Really fluid serve motion..

·
Registered
13,542 Posts
ceiling_fan said:

i agree i hate watching it also, but right now it's the most powerfull, but hopefylly when rena and vee comeback they serve well because i belive that they have the best serve in the game. :)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
iliketennis said:
Sampras said that when one of the journalists at wimbly compared his serve with Venus. :rolleyes:

Goran rules BTW! :rocker:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Mightymirza said:
i think justine got a good serve too but its not much effective nowadays coz she just doesnt put enough 1st serves in consistently...Her 2nd serve is good too but its not spectacular plus its kinda predictable..She doesnt go wide on deuce side or down t on ad side at all on 2nd serve..
Meaning her serve isn't that amazing. :p

1 - 20 of 66 Posts