Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where your favorite is being tested and the other opponent is competing or do you want to see your fave win easily, with the other opponent playing crap?

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
i wouldnt mind someone beating Serena when they are both playing brilliantly but that doesnt seem to happen

i love the Serena-Capriati matches so probably when my fave is being tested (altho the French semi last year was a crap match)

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
hmmmmm....

I like it when my faves crush their opponents, especially if their opp was overly hyped to beat them... I enjoy domination.

If the match is competitive, I enjoy it more if it's due to stunning shots and not because of my fave's errors.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
as a fan?

I be 100% fair. I prefer the last;)

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
I like well contested matches, except when Anna plays. I would prefer it if she just wins, I think I would collapse of pressure if it goes to a third.

But some of my all time favortie matches are all close three set matches. There is nothing like the tension you feel, or the excitement of close competative three set matches!

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
irma said:
as a fan?

I be 100% fair. I prefer the last;)

hahahaha- I want to see good tennis but i would really love if Serena rolls over the next one too :D But i want good tennis- tired of having to watch the men for good entertainment :wavey:

·
Banned
350 Posts
I prefer the former. Any top player can demoralise a lesser opponent. Staving off an inspired opponent fully demonstrates both the phyrsical and mental aspect of tennis.

The latter option makes tennis about as exciting as curling. Sorry curling fans.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
I prefer my fav. to play well no matter the scoreline.

If I were a big Cappy fan I would have been happy w/her level of play this tourney.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
I prefer my fav. to play well no matter the scoreline.

If I were a big Cappy fan I would have been happy w/her level of play this tourney.
well i am a HYAWG jenny fan and ur right........i was so proud of the way she played
i definately prefer seein players closely matched that can show me a proper game as appose to just watchin sum1 wipe the floor with sum1 else 6-0 6-0..........of course if jenny did that i wudnt b complaining!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
SerenaJWilliams said:
hey! the next match.....i want 0 and 0 :fiery:
Hey if Juju won 6-0 6-0 I'm sure you would not be happy!

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
well i would love for my faves to win all the time, no matter what, but i do enjoy a well played match. if my fave were to lose, i would rather them lose while playing good, instead of them playing like crap.

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
I prefer tough matches.

That she wins :)

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
SerenaJWilliams said:
"not be happy"?? i would "not be alive"

that would kill me
Dont say that!!!! I would really miss you(r ass)!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
When it comes to my faves, I just want them to win. If they win easily or not, that's isn't my top priority. I just want the win. If it is a tough win, then it's a good match for me to watch AGAIN and I'll enjoy it, but I won't enjoy it as much WHILE it's happening the first time around. So from that sense, I prefer a comfortable win.

But to be honest, I also get a lot of satisfaction from watching videos of my faves win convincingly! When they are peaking and you see their determination translated to their performance with their racquet, that's pretty nice to see as well. For example, I love watching the 2003 Paris Indoors final between Serena and Amelie, because it just captured Serena at her best. NOTHING was going to stop her that day and she won easily. At the same time, I also enjoy watching the 2002 Season Champs in LA Semi's between Serena and Jenn, because it was so intense and the 3rd set was so crazy! But I can watch it now and enjoy the tennis because I know that Serena won the match. It's safe for me. If Serena had lost, don't know how often I'd be popping that video into my machine!!! :eek:

You asked for honesty... ;)

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
shuddup dava before I put my white gloves on. :devil:

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
:devil: :devil: :devil:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts