Tennis Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 2581 Posts

·
Premium Member
65,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,006
She's got in as a LL :banana: :D

She's drawn (Q)Hsieh (32 yo, WTA 53/CHR 23), who more often than not can't really be bothered on this surface... Natalia's drawn pest Gavrilova, so I think it's not a bad deal for Aryna! :eek:h: :armed: :cheer:

·
Registered
11,380 Posts
She's drawn (Q)Hsieh (32 yo, WTA 53/CHR 23), who more often than not can't really be bothered on this surface... Natalia's drawn pest Gavrilova, so I think it's not a bad deal for Aryna! :eek:h: :armed: :cheer:
I don't know... Hsieh has already won a couple of matches this week, and if Aryna gets dragged into her dink & slice game, the results won't be pretty. Also, a loss to Hsieh would no doubt please a certain subset of TFers, and I'd rather not have to deal with their gloating. :eek:

Noticed that Aryna had tape around her right calf in QR2, and I'm a bit worried. I don't remember ever seeing that kind of taping on her before.

In short: not really confident about this match, but of course I'd love Aryna to prove me wrong :cheer:

·
Registered
21,889 Posts
Aryna lost 6-2, 6-4. It really wasn't a good performance.

·
Registered
21,889 Posts
Not venturing into GM for this one.

·
Registered
11,380 Posts
Painful result, though hardly unexpected. Looks like it's back to sucking on clay after the surprisingly good showing in Lugano.

Rome :bigwave:
With Aryna and Vika already out of the picture and Petra not playing, I doubt I'll be watching much tennis this week

·
Premium Member
65,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,014 (Edited)
I hope she will, yeah!

Also, it appears she has entered RG with Vika so this will be the awaited return of Hotmessenka² :inlove: :yippee: :cheer:

·
Registered
11,380 Posts
I hope she will, yeah!
She won't. :sad: Too bad, because after all the withdrawals, the Strasbourg field is looking kinda weak (a couple of players ranked outside the top 200 got direct MD entry - feels like my home tournament :SNE:)

Also, it appears she has entered RG with Vika so this will be the awaited return of Hotmessenka² :inlove: :yippee: :cheer:
The Belarusian divas coming back for an encore :inlove: :cheer: We should be able to witness the inevitable hot mess, since I believe all doubles matches will be streamed this year :D

Though to be perfectly honest, I was kinda hoping she'd team up with Vera instead (but maybe they would have needed a WC to get in, I haven't checked). Aryna seems more relaxed around her, and they had a nice run together in Lugano. Plus, I'm getting tired of everyone saying Vika needs to dump her useless partner :sobbing:

·
Premium Member
65,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,018
Though to be perfectly honest, I was kinda hoping she'd team up with Vera instead (but maybe they would have needed a WC to get in, I haven't checked). Aryna seems more relaxed around her, and they had a nice run together in Lugano. Plus, I'm getting tired of everyone saying Vika needs to dump her useless partner :sobbing:
Me too, for the same reasons :awww: But I can't complain about a Hotmessenka rebirth :cheer: Maybe/hopefully Aryna & Vera team up for the last 2 Slams! :D

2001 - 2020 of 2581 Posts