Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
Aryna wants to be in match shape for the US open by the looks of it..... but she might be exhausted by the time the clay comes around....

Tough schedule for the players so many big tournaments in a row.

Really curious to see where barty commits to.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Exactly the type of players you would expect to play everything ... The only name missing here is Kenin :D

Reactions: Oladesuo

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Excellent news, Aryna has been in stellar form on social media during this break, i'm sure she will be fit & raring to go.

I'm sure Sofia will play most of this too, can't see her dragging her heals either.
Hopefully, Bianca will be fit enough to play SOMETHING, anything.

·
Registered
40,547 Posts
Good for sabalenka she will need to get into it with how powerful her game is. Just think the switch from clay to hard back to clay will be a little tough. Looking forward to Palermo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just think the switch from clay to hard back to clay will be a little tough.
NY MD will start on Friday and if she gets a bye in first round she can start on Sunday, one week after Prague final. Tough schedule, yes, but doable.

Reactions: jimbo mack

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Looking at the upcoming events, many of the tournaments have --- draw size to be announced
It appears that they may be eliminating qualifying, if they are reducing the draws.
All the ITF have been cancelled in July, but some are still on the book for August.
Not good for the over 100 crowd.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Simona intends to play Palermo as well

·
Registered
15,495 Posts
Half of Palermo field can’t play, it seems like a lot to me. it will interesting to see the list on Tuesday

[][/Nearly half Palermo field can’t play

Simon said on the call that if you look at the first 50 players on the Palermo entry list, fully 23 of the 50 could not play the tournament under the current EU conditions. That’s 48 per cent of the total.

In the case of Prague, 11 of the top 28 players entered – or 39 per cent – can’t play as things stand, with the EU list scheduled to be updated every 14 days.

·
Registered
53,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Half of Palermo field can’t play, it seems like a lot to me. it will interesting to see the list on Tuesday
And still, the entry list will look better than the usual summer WTA clay tournament so no big deal.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Given everything going on and how unpredictable everything is I think it is believe things when you actually see them happen. Nothing is set in stone anymore.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Doable.

There is a one week gap between Prague and Cincy (that WTA has not yet assigned a tournament in)

So Sabalenka and the others can easily participate in all 4 events while resting in that one week in the middle

·
Registered
362 Posts

[][/Nearly half Palermo field can’t play

Simon said on the call that if you look at the first 50 players on the Palermo entry list, fully 23 of the 50 could not play the tournament under the current EU conditions. That’s 48 per cent of the total.

In the case of Prague, 11 of the top 28 players entered – or 39 per cent – can’t play as things stand, with the EU list scheduled to be updated every 14 days.

It' not that they cannot play, they would just need a 10 or 14 days of quarantine, so they need to arrive earlier.

·
Registered
15,495 Posts
Doable.

There is a one week gap between Prague and Cincy (that WTA has not yet assigned a tournament in)

So Sabalenka and the others can easily participate in all 4 events while resting in that one week in the middle
That’s Washington week which is TBD for now (link in post 11)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts