Tennis Forum banner

Aryna Sabalenka - Live scoring thread!!

4K views 46 replies 5 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

As Aryna has her own forum, I thought it was nice to have her own live scoring thread as well :) .

And what moment better to start this with her maiden Premier final in Eastbourne against Wozniacki!

Go Aryna!!

Reactions: GrumpyCat
#3 ·
Sometimes she wants to make the winner a tad too early, and taking the ball too high, which gives the unforced error. But good to see that delivers than the next point. 42* up after facing a BP :)

#4 ·
Woz is starting to read Aryna's shots better now. Aryna went from 40-0 on serve, to advantage for Woz, but under pressure she plays her best shots now. 53* up!

#7 ·
Despite 2 SP's, Wozniacki holds. *54, serve first set out, Aryna!

#9 ·
Slowly it looks like Aryna is making more mistakes, she did not make earlier in the match. Is the fatigue getting in :sad:

#11 ·
Wow, Aryna gets a word from the umpire about her grunts :eek:. She has to lower it.

#12 ·
Well, match turns around quickly now. Aryna lost first set 57 :(.

Ten minutes ago she had 2 SP's at 53.

#13 ·
Both start with a break in second set, Wozniacki makes Aryna work so hard for her points, Aryna could have gone 20 up several times, but got no chance to do. 11

#14 ·
There is still something left in the tank, next to her everlasting fighting spirit :)

Aryna breaks again *21

#16 ·
Back on serve *34 :(

You just feel the experience Wozniacki has in these kind of matches gets the upper hand. Aryna still makes great points, but Wozniacki now makes just the points which matter.

#18 ·
Waauww!! What a fighter Aryna is. A running down the line winner to break Wozniacki once more, to go *54 up. Serving for the set, again!

#24 ·
It is over :( . 57 67 (5)

But Aryna can be very proud of herself. She played a great final, great tournament, and I really believe, the experience of Wozniacki won it for her, to make the points and be patient when it mattered. I am sure we will see some more finals by Aryna :yeah:

Reactions: Spiritof42
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.