Tennis Forum banner

801 - 820 of 990 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
you must know,there is a strange kind of weakness in my shots.
so it comes that rarely I'm successful to overcome the net.damn f... net!

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Thauron said:
Don't get me started about my non-existing tennis skills, guys, I am probably a thousand times worse than any of you. ;)

But back on topic. I liked your article, Spunky. The emotions and involvement of the author did shine through plenty of times, but that's good for an article on a fan site IMO - it makes it feel like actually reading a diary too.
Bit too apologetic at the beginning maybe - would some of your visitors take offense at such an outspoken yet honest article? - I don't think you 'teared Myskina's game to shreds' either.
It should be rather confronting though, to have your emotional outbursts described and evaluated like that publicly :lol: - but that's the dark side of being a public figure, isn't it - Maybe she should take a closer look at how Mary Pierce plays a match after all ;)
(But who am I to talk about that, I once wrecked a door-post in a fit of anger (with myself) :tape: As far as I can remember I never did the Nastya compatibility test, but emotionally we might at least have something in common :eek:.)
Anyway, you write well Spunky, especially because this was not written in your mother tongue (at least I don't think it is).
Yes, actually I quite annoyed some people but it was fun reading all those different comments. It´s a good feeling to know that there are people who actually care about what I have to say and start to come up with an opinion of their own. Actually there was an article in DER SPIEGEL this week which inspired me to write that comment. It was about Spielberg´s movie "Munchen" in terms of the question of how democracies basically turn into terrorists (the revenge-factor of the Israelis back then and now the "revenge" of the Americans for 9/11). The article was so well written and stunning, so I just wanted to try to write something with more emotions and trying to actually provoke feelings and thoughts in the reader. Basically it was an experiment (one that Nastya is probably not fond of). I will never write for DER SPIEGEL cause they just take the upper-upper-super-upper crust but it´s a good playground to try out new things ;)

So thank you for reading :worship:

Chinese is my native language and German. I only had English in school. I guess if I was a native english speaker, that article would have been pretty embarrassing.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
michelle11 said:
you must know,there is a strange kind of weakness in my shots.
so it comes that rarely I'm successful to overcome the net.damn f... net!
Hehe, tell me about it! My worst, worst shot is the overhead and volleys. Standing in front of the net is like standing between the goalposts in football/soccer and you´re afraid that the ball will hit you right into your face :lol:

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Spunky83 said:
Hehe, tell me about it! My worst, worst shot is the overhead and volleys. Standing in front of the net is like standing between the goalposts in football/soccer and you´re afraid that the ball will hit you right into your face :lol:
Now how sweet is that? :awww:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Spunky for how many years have you studied English???

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
I love volleys. Back in the day, when men were men and women were women and we all played with wooden rackets, there were the noble, majestic beasts called "Serve-And-Volleyers."

Sadly, they have been hunted out of existance by "Two-handed Baseliners" and the dread "All-Court Players" armed with weapons of titanium composites.

I still win when I can get to the net enough. It's just this no longer happens very often, mainly because I can't hit good enough approach shots. It's weird. Volleying with a woodie was harder than with a modern stick, but you also had some margin for error.

Of course, I've been hit in the head a lot while standing between soccer goalposts, so it's possible I've no idea what I'm on about.

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
As a regular visitor to a-m.com I can only speak for myself. I took no offense whatsoever at Spunky's article. She raised some very good points from the perspective of someone who loyally supports Myskina through thick and thin. As for Spunky's use of a language other than her native tongue, she is very adept in her use of English. Her humor and other nuances reflect someone who is not only skilled in the language but who is a gifted writer. Back to the substance of the article; it would quickly become boring and predictable if Spunky was simply a Nastya apologist who always put a positive spin on her articles. A bit of thoughtful and well placed criticism is much more interesting and thought provoking. Following every Myskina match, I look forward to reading Spunky's analysis, especially since I am seldom able to watch the match.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have one of these wooden rackets,a donnay.
last summer I played a match with it just for fun.
nowadays it feels very strange but not good at all.it is a very soft frame and you feel its bending with every shot.very difficult to handle.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
_LuCaS_ said:
Now how sweet is that? :awww:
No, seriously! Back in the school days I always tried to hide behind my class mates so that the teacher won´t tell me to become the goalkeeper. I loved playing football but not as a goalkeeper. However due to my tall build ( :tape: ) the teacher never noticed me.

angiee3 said:
Spunky for how many years have you studied English???
Nine years in school but watching American tv shows and movies in the original language is the best education. You can´t imagine how bad ´Friends´ is in the German dubbed version :lol:

meyerpl said:
As a regular visitor to a-m.com I can only speak for myself. I took no offense whatsoever at Spunky's article. She raised some very good points from the perspective of someone who loyally supports Myskina through thick and thin. As for Spunky's use of a language other than her native tongue, she is very adept in her use of English. Her humor and other nuances reflect someone who is not only skilled in the language but who is a gifted writer. Back to the substance of the article; it would quickly become boring and predictable if Spunky was simply a Nastya apologist who always put a positive spin on her articles. A bit of thoughtful and well placed criticism is much more interesting and thought provoking. Following every Myskina match, I look forward to reading Spunky's analysis, especially since I am seldom able to watch the match.
Yeah, half of the match analyses are just made up...a breakpoint here, an ace there, three doublefaults, add a bunch of unforced errors and mix it up with some serious tantrums...and there you have the typical Nastya match :angel: Waiting for the day til someone sues me (probably Nastya, wanting 8 Mio. Dollars) :eek:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
What a great picture with the two blond girls! I will try to translate some of it a bit later :)

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
_LuCaS_ said:
From a Russian magazine (Yeah I know, but the pics are nice :p )

Some of the things from this article:

A lot is what we already know, and the same things she is always asked, but... They asked her about her childhood, the start of her tennis playing days, her first tournament.. Same answers as usual.

Nastya says she believes in Omen's. One instance is when she won a tournament, and was eating a certain kind of food during it. At the next tournament, she will eat the same food. In this case, she talked of Japanese/Sushi - but it appears to me she always eats that anyway :tape:

As for her men... Here we go boys... :wavey: Her lover has to be interesting, independant, purposeful, and BIG! She often feels small, and defenseless, and since she has to be strong on court, she wants to have strong shoulders and heart off the court to rely on! Nastya says she doesn't want her husband to boil the "borshch" (Russian soup) for her, he has to be the mainstay in life. She herself will do the cooking!

She says her tennis friendships are more important than competition - especially with her compatriots. She will always support the Russian's, except when playing against her! I wonder if that includes Masha :tape:

The two girls in the photos are friends from home. One of them was apparently in a video of Nastya shopping together after her win at RG.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
great pics. especially the last one..
you can see so much personality and beauty...
nice...

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
almalyk said:
Some of the things from this article:

A lot is what we already know, and the same things she is always asked, but... They asked her about her childhood, the start of her tennis playing days, her first tournament.. Same answers as usual.

Nastya says she believes in Omen's. One instance is when she won a tournament, and was eating a certain kind of food during it. At the next tournament, she will eat the same food. In this case, she talked of Japanese/Sushi - but it appears to me she always eats that anyway :tape:

As for her men... Here we go boys... :wavey: Her lover has to be interesting, independant, purposeful, and BIG! She often feels small, and defenseless, and since she has to be strong on court, she wants to have strong shoulders and heart off the court to rely on! Nastya says she doesn't want her husband to boil the "borshch" (Russian soup) for her, he has to be the mainstay in life. She herself will do the cooking!

She says her tennis friendships are more important than competition - especially with her compatriots. She will always support the Russian's, except when playing against her! I wonder if that includes Masha :tape:

The two girls in the photos are friends from home. One of them was apparently in a video of Nastya shopping together after her win at RG.
Well let's say I have to workout a bit more :lol:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
_LuCaS_ said:
Well let's say I have to workout a bit more :lol:
I wonder if BIGGER refers to a big fat Russian belly full of beer and vodka, or a nice muscly man ;)

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I also think she is great in this last pic....see....she is more beautiful with long hair!!!

·
Registered
23,440 Posts
cindy said:
I also think she is great in this last pic....see....she is more beautiful with long hair!!!
No she isn't. She does look great in the last picture but her hair is still too long. She is Nastya so she is pretty much guaranteed to look phenomenal but she looks better with shorter hair.

801 - 820 of 990 Posts