Tennis Forum banner

301 - 320 of 990 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Lady....
I love you. ;)

Martirogi scroll down and you'll see two buttons "Free" and "Premium". Click free and wait for your turn then click on the file name to download. Damn limitations. I have to wait another hour to download? :(

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
thanks for the videos.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Emptiness said:
Martirogi scroll down and you'll see two buttons "Free" and "Premium". Click free and wait for your turn then click on the file name to download. Damn limitations. I have to wait another hour to download? :(
thanks :wavey: im at my parents house for the week and they have slow internet so i dont think i can right now :sad: hopefully their still there by next week :D

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
From http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/default.asp?id=182903

Yesterday in Miami before opening of a female super tournament « the Star for stars », the most prestigious ceremony of delivery of the premium has taken place in the world of professional tennis. At the moment of signing number we yet did not know a name of the winner. And some days prior to flying away in the USA nominated Anastas Myskina's premiums has answered questions of correspondent «??».

Conversation have decided to begin with pleasant.

? What to feel itself, Nastya, in a role of the pretender to such superprize?

? Certainly, it will be healthy, if I shall receive "Star". It is very good, that the world of tennis does not cost on a place, constantly develops. But the purpose at me another ? to rise above and above in rating WTA.

? The last year you have executed her ?

? Yes, I am pleased with results of the last year. Has managed to become the first ???????? to Russia, the third in the world. But, if it is fair, the most important award for me for works ? pleasure native. I very house person, am very much adhered to Moscow, to the house. Therefore and my favourite holiday ? New year. But already for a long time did not meet this holiday in a circle of my relatives: at this time I prepare for the Open championship of Australia. But at midnight necessarily I ring round all people expensive to my heart, I congratulate them. It is very expensive me, as it is sincere they wait for my bell ?

? Olympic passions for a long time have settled ? As you have gone through the fatal failure in the Athenian semifinal?

? Till now I do not understand, that then with me has taken place. That defeat in me actually has broken something. I have suddenly thought of any moment, that anything the worse with me did not occur and will not take place any more. But me has carried: a number appeared native people, they have very much helped. Began to come to the senses after a victory over the Cup of the Kremlin. The Cup of Federation then was, then me have chosen « the Person of year », together with Federer have recognized as the best tennis players ?

Has Perhaps, cracked me that from me all waited and wait only for victories. But I cannot always be the first. It was not restored up to the end after a season, has entered this year tired ?

? Whether it seems to you, what with each years tennis becomes more and more atletic, rectilinear? And the epoch "clever", aesthetic tennis leaves in the past?

? Can be. Probably, time dictates the rules. Trainers give more and more attention "physics" of the sportsman,in fact to resist to power tennis, not having such strongly pronounced physical data, as at Davenport or Momo, really difficultly.

? The season of soil tournaments, your loved ? will soon begin

? The present professional should be able to play on any covering. It is not necessary to choose ? it is necessary to leave and play!

? But favourite tournament at you is?
I like all tournaments of " the Big helmet », like to play Switzerland, Arab Emirates, in Qatar where won, to Bali twice, in America. But loved ? the Cup of the Kremlin.

? For combined team on the Cup of Federation will play?

? The offer to me has acted, but I while think above it. And in general at our combined team excellent prospects.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
On Thursday, on March, 24, within the framework of the All-Russia competition of journalists " the Gold Gong "Anastasia Myskina has been named winner of the premium " the Prize of sympathies of the Russian press " 2004 in the field of sports, on it inform " RIA of News ". Winners have been determined on the basis of interrogation of representatives of 100 central and regional news agencies, newspapers and magazines.

Another award :) It makes you wonder :p

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
On Thursday, on March, 24, within the framework of the All-Russia competition of journalists " the Gold Gong "Anastas Myskina has been named winner of the premium " the Prize of sympathies of the Russian press " 2004 in the field of sports, on it inform " RIA of News ". Winners have been determined on the basis of interrogation of representatives of 100 central and regional news agencies, newspapers and magazines.

Another award :) It makes you wonder :p
Thx for the info...maybe she´s too nice sometimes.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
thanks for the info.
ciao

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
http://www.nasdaq-100open.com/news/pr/news21485.html

The Tale of Two No. 1s
By Craig Gabriel

The late great Ray Charles has let us all know that "genius loves company." The current great, Roger Federer, who plays tennis like smooth R&B music, is proving that is not the case as far as he is concerned. The world No. 1 stands alone in the world rankings - he has a cushion of more than 1,700 points form his closest rival Lleyton Hewitt - and his achievements on the tennis court are something to marvel at.

So where does one begin when talking about Roger Federer? There are no new adjectives to describe him and the superlatives have also been exhausted. Unfortunately things might just get a bit repetitious.

The legends of the game like Rod Laver say that Federer is the best and Pete Sampras is suggesting that Federer is the biggest threat to the incredible records he set in tennis.

"I think now the consistency over the last, I would say, two years really have proven to everybody, also especially to myself, that I can do it," said Federer. "The important moments, like finals and against the other top ten players, this is the moment when I actually play my best. That's what usually the all-time greats do, I guess. Because I play the style I play, the one-handed backhand, I vary my game very much, I get a lot of attention also from the former players.

"So it's nice to hear but we'll see maybe in ten years how good I'm really going to be. So far it's been terrific, the career I have had so far. I hope I can keep it up this week."

The brilliant tennis player who is so together says motivation is no problem. He is having too good a time winning and winning and winning.

"I'm always looking for the match where I'm playing great again in front of a full stadium against another great player," said Federer. "That's been happening for me over the last couple of years now. For me there is no problem to maintain the motivation very high."

The NASDAQ-100 Open is one of the rare tournaments he has not won but he has been in the final once and he says being around at the very end allows him to get a real feel for the tournament and it starts to get more relaxed. But he's not despairing.

"I have a good feeling about this tournament - the surface and everything suits me well here," he said. "I won the juniors. Last year I had sunstroke, but I played Nadal who played great. I don't know what it was, but he just got me. I thought I was unlucky the year before against Agassi (but) it was already a breakthrough for me to get to far.

"I hope to win this tournament one time because it's a beautiful tournament."

While Federer is yet to win this title, Andre Agassi holds the record for the most titles, six of them. He's ready for yet another one.

Agassi comes into the NASDAQ-100 Open having pulled out of his quarterfinal match against Hewitt at Indian Wells because a problem with his toe. He had an MRI done and "structurally everything was sound". A lot of fluid surrounded the joint but otherwise there was no damage. He is ready to dip is toe into the water! Sorry that cliché could not be resisted.

"I always look forward to playing here," said Agassi who takes his first step (sorry couldn't resist) against French Davis Cup player Paul Henri Mathieu but who lost 6-1, 6-0 to Hewitt last week. "It's a great environment to play in. The fans are enthusiastic and love their tennis and the conditions are one that I enjoy playing in - the Florida sun and heat, humidity, wind. It's all good."

Incredibly it was 1987 that Agassi played this event for the first time, that's 19 years ago, and for the record when he plays the US Open later this year it will be his 20th. Talk about records - that is really remarkable.

"I don't know if it's impressive to play that much," said Agassi. "I have mixed emotions on it. Sometimes statistics hit you oddly. That would be one of many statistics that would make me go, 'wow, I've been doing this a long time'.

"I try not to lose sight of keeping myself in position to be at my best. A lot of that's mental. A lot of that's your approach towards a tournament. I don't allow myself too much luxury at this stage because I'm trying to focus on being better than the gut I'm playng against.

"That being said, there are a lot of times where sort of nostalgia hits you. You can't really avoid it. You see the same faces years later and you realize that in between all these tennis matches life is happening, and it's a pretty amazing feeling."

Two women who may not have achieved as much success as Federer and Agassi but are equally important to the women's game, are Amelie Mauresmo and Anastasia Myskina. What they have done in women's tennis must be saluted.

Mauresmo became the first French woman in the history of the computer rankings to hold the world No. 1 ranking, something she achieved in September last year.

"My main goals were the No. 1 ranking and Majors and they are still my main goals," said Mauresmo who has such a fluid game and possesses one of the most glorious backhands one could hope to see. "It was different for me to go back to work after getting number one because I wanted to take time to realize what I'd done. It took me a couple of weeks to get back to the rhythm.

"Now I'm focused more on the Majors. The No. 1 is not as important as it was before."

The top seed at the NASDAQ-100 Open says she has been playing well in practice but last week at Indian Wells she didn't put it into play and she wants to eradicate that disappointment here in Miami.

However, as one would expect the French open remain paramount in her mind. That's the tournament that "made me play tennis so there are lots of feelings."

She admits that she struggles with the mental aspect of her game there because she is under the microscope.

"All the French people are looking at me and at everything I do and I have to adjust to that," she said. "So far I haven't done it. You feel the patriotism and the pressure bit it's also an opportunity."

Meanwhile, Myskina was the one who started the Russian Revolution and reached a career high ranking of two the same week that Mauresmo got to one.

Sure there have been a number of Russian players on the tour, there must be something in that Moscow water, but Myskina became the first Russian woman to win a Grand Slam title, the French Open over her compatriot Elena Dementieva. After that the floodgates opened as Maria Sharapova took Wimbledon and Svetlana Kuznetsova won the US Open.

"I feel really great about start the Russian success because when you do something first it's always nice because no matter what they do after you, it's going to be after you. I won the first time with the French Open and it's great," said Myskina.

"The difference being a Grand Slam champion is more pressure and people really expect you to win every Grand Slam now, but you're a human being and you have your bad and good days, that's how it's kind of changed."
"I feel really great about start the Russian success because when you do something first it's always nice because no matter what they do after you, it's going to be after you.".... :worship: hmmm...something new to add to my signature;)

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
http://www.nasdaq-100open.com/news/2005/interviews/0326e.html

A. MYSKINA/M. Vento-Kabchi
6-2, 6-1
An interview with:

ANASTASIA MYSKINA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. No Russian woman has won this tournament. What are the chances it's going to happen this year, better than 50%?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Oh, I think even more because the girls are playing pretty good. Dementieva and Sharapova was in the semifinal last week.

I think all of us are really in a high level right now, and we just have to work hard.

Q. I mean, there's no other country that has more players in the Top 20, obviously. That alone would seem to give you a chance at some of the larger tournaments like this. How about describe your own play, how you're feeling this week.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: You know, I've been playing really well today, and I hopefully gonna continue to play like this.

But I know the beginning of the year wasn't good for me. But it's, you know, I gave a lot of energy last year and I did a lot of things last year. So kind of excuse, but I still need to work hard to, you know, to find my game again.

Q. Should you have been on Stadium Court to start out, do you think?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I don't really care where to play. The grandstand is really well, too, for me.

Q. How about Fed Cup, has that team been announced?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No, not yet, because we don't really know who's gonna play and who's gonna be on the team.

Q. It looks like ‑ I think if the brackets are right ‑ if the US and Russia win the first one, the US will play at Russia. That could be exciting because of all the top players.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: That's true, but, you know, usually in US, (not every) top players played Fed Cup. So I think that's the captain work, she done pretty good because in US, usually top players, they say they have so many excuses not playing Fed Cup. In Russia it's completely different story; all the top players wants to play and they playing.

So if Zina Garrison gonna bring her best team, it's gonna be really tough match for us.

Q. She said so far it's Serena, Lindsay, Venus...

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: That's going to be great team, I think. I think it's going to be one of the best.

Q. What are your own plans? Will you play?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I don't know. I don't know yet. I'm thinking. They ask me, but I'm still thinking.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
thanks. :)

·
Registered
19,362 Posts
Myskina Awarded for Charitable Works

AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. - Anastasia Myskina was presented with this year's "Commitment to Community" Award at the Bausch & Lomb Championships on Wednesday.

The "Commitment to Community" Award is presented each year by the Florida Times-Union and Water's Edge Magazine and is given to a player who contributes to deserving charities.

Myskina was honored for her donation of time and money to help the victims of the Beslan school tragedy in Russia. Myskina donated clothing, toys and money to the Red Cross to help the victims, and also spent time at a Moscow hospital, visiting with eight families who were directly affect by the tragedy.

Myskina was presented with the award after her second round victory at Amelia Island.

·
Registered
208 Posts
visiting with eight families who were directly affect by the tragedy.
What i'm going to say may be rude and childish .. but ..

.. How lucky they are :fiery: I wish i was in their place :fiery:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Daniel said:
Myskina Awarded for Charitable Works

AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. - Anastasia Myskina was presented with this year's "Commitment to Community" Award at the Bausch & Lomb Championships on Wednesday.

The "Commitment to Community" Award is presented each year by the Florida Times-Union and Water's Edge Magazine and is given to a player who contributes to deserving charities.

Myskina was honored for her donation of time and money to help the victims of the Beslan school tragedy in Russia. Myskina donated clothing, toys and money to the Red Cross to help the victims, and also spent time at a Moscow hospital, visiting with eight families who were directly affect by the tragedy.

Myskina was presented with the award after her second round victory at Amelia Island.
cool. thanks fot sharing.

301 - 320 of 990 Posts