Tennis Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Banned
2,479 Posts
I think this obviously will take a bit of time for Jelena to get over, but all said and done, she can take alot of positives from this match. She had the difficult task of playing an In-form Mary Pierce (compared to recent years) and she went down early 2-6 and down a break in the second. However she fought, she fought like the old days and she took the second 7-6 and she was happy. She then went up 5-1. It was here though she saw the oppertunity. She prob thought in her mind, Ive played so well, coming back down a match point, Borna will be proud of me, my mum will be proud of me etc etc. Thats the problem, she lowered her intensity levels just that much to allow Pierce to get back in the match. And then Pierce just got better and better.

Bikic will work with Jelena and Im sure we will see some positives from this match. Jelena will be back for sure, and I hope she can make the best of the mixed and then hav a great indoor season.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.