Tennis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,881 Posts
Well it's obvious that Annak_Fan and AlexSydney have barely done their research in making their useless statements.

Not only did they generalise, they didn't even bother to read Jelena's entire interview.

So in order to help them, I've decided to post some of the interview here, just so they can see how baseless their stupid comments actually are.

Q. That must have been a very difficult match emotionally for you, being up so much in the third set. What were your emotions? How do you feel now?

JELENA DOKIC: I mean, I felt like maybe I should have been off the court earlier. I mean, she was playing well. You know, she could have finished the match in two sets. Especially she had a match point. And I was lucky to turn it around. I was starting to play better. She missed a few. Then all of a sudden the match turned.

You know, it's disappointing, for sure. But that's tennis. You know, it's just not my year, it looks like (smiling). I have to go on, you know, learn from this.

Oh Annak_Fan, if you bothered to read her interview you would have realised that she agrees with your sentiments that she could have lost a lot earlier than she did today

Q. Few problems with the serve, as well.

JELENA DOKIC: No, I mean, a few. I mean, I had a few double-faults. But she was returning well. So I was going for a little bit more. This is normal. When you have someone that was playing as well as she was, you know, you expect this. But I served well to pull off the second set. Generally the serve was not great, but it was good. She was just hitting winners. Even off some of my good serves that I was hitting, she would be there. So it's difficult when you play a player like that.

Q. Did you think to yourself that because of her status with her injuries, she's been off for a long time, did you think to yourself in the third set, her fitness isn't where she wants it to be, she said that, did you think if you just ran her around a little bit, you were going to win?

JELENA DOKIC: Yeah, I mean, I played her last year and she was much worse than she was now. She's lost some weight and she's moving better. I mean, I knew what I had to do. But it's difficult when someone is hitting it as hard as she is. And she was still moving very well. Even on my own serve, when I was trying to attack, she would be, you know, hitting return winners. She was still playing well.

I don't think there was a great strategy. A strategy to move her is fine, but she was hitting winners all over the court. So , you know, even though her fitness is not there, she's been injured, I think she's playing better than she was.

Q. Do you think she's the kind of player who, even at her age, could be a factor here in this tournament?

JELENA DOKIC: I don't know. I mean, she's playing well. How far she can go depends how she recovers after matches, what her injuries are, whether they'll come back. Just depends. She's playing well. I'm sure she knows that. She's been playing better and better. You know, whether she can be someone that gets to the semis or the final is a different story. I mean, you have Justine and Kim. I think there's still a little bit, you know...

Q. Does she hit it as hard as anybody out there?

JELENA DOKIC: She hits it harder than anyone, for sure. But there are other factors that come into play, like movement and everything. You know, I think she can do well.

Q. She hits it as hard as Serena and Kim from the ground?

JELENA DOKIC: For sure, yeah. I mean, some of the shots she hit, I didn't see. But, you know, Serena and Kim move better, better serves, sometimes returns. So this is the difference between 1 and 20.

Do you have anything else to say? I suggest you read the entire interview next time before you make comments like that.

· Registered
2,881 Posts
Runningtennisguy: Have you seen Charleston 2000? No one has ever hit that HARD, ever. Mary made everyone look like finesse players. If you also read, Jelena extrapolated the differences between Serena, Kim and Mary.

· Registered
2,881 Posts
jbone: If you knew anything about tennis, you'd realise that there's a lot more involved in tennis than just hitting hard. As Jelena pointed out, the other players move a lot better than Mary and they serve better than her too on a consistent basis. Davenport is faster than Pierce and Pierce has also been injured consistently over the past year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.