Tennis Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Sabatini lover Forever
14,605 Posts
irma said:
steffi/sandra nacuk berlin 99 beat it all and steffi was not injured that day as far as I know so that's why it the worst match steffi ever played and even she was saved by the rain. really never saw steffi play that bad :eek:
I did not see this one, i heard Steffi played horribly, only saw some highlights in CNN, certainly did not look that bad either but that was because of the highlights :p, they put great points from both players. But then to see Steffi losing to Julie :rolleyes:.

· Sabatini lover Forever
14,605 Posts
irma said:
well it was not very good quality wise but it was a very brave performance. sure steffi had again mental problems after a set and a break up but she didn't give up and started to play better again at 4:5. that was good even both were shaky then.

after the match steffi said it was bad quality and sabatini said it was good quality. somebody wrote that never happened before that a loser is more satisfied about the level then the winner;)
I have only seen some highlights, and billie jean king rated it on Tennis Magazine among one of the bests ever.

If Steffi had some mental problems for losing a set and a break lead, i think Gaby was CRAZY then :p for losing her serve twice while serving for the match.

Someone told me that when Graf was up a set and a break Gaby started to chip and charge to Steffi`s backhand, and that caused inmense troubles on her. Anyway I don`t think it was that bad, considering it was played when Gaby was having such a great moment in her carreer and perhaps the number one ranking if the actual ranking system had been there.

· Registered
20,844 Posts
people think those 6 setpoints she blew in two grand slam finals were also because of the opponents :haha:

you can lose a lead once or twice because of the opponents but when it happens 10 times then really there is something else (of course considering the two players who mostly beat steffi in 91 and at the start of 92 stopped doing so around the same time so that said enough but I am talking in general now)

· Sabatini lover Forever
14,605 Posts
irma said:
people think those 6 setpoints she blew in two grand slam finals were also because of the opponents :haha:

you can lose a lead once or twice because of the opponents but when it happens 10 times then really there is something else (of course considering the two players who mostly beat steffi in 91 and at the start of 92 stopped doing so around the same time so that said enough but I am talking in general now)
I understand what you mean, she missed set points vs Seles in Rg 90 and Usopen 90 vs Gaby. Actually that was not 91 :p. But yeah i got your point.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
Zvonerevian said:
Hingis def. Serena 8-6 in the third was the best match I've ever seen.
Yeah that match was a BEAUTY! In fact that match should have been the final!

· Registered
3,762 Posts
croat123 said:
btw, how about MAJOLI DEF. SPIRLEA 6-7(8) 6-1 9-7 @ Wimbey?
OR

how about Venus def. Spirlea at the 97 U.S. Open Semifinals?? ;)

LOL Is it just me or does the Semifinals at the U.S. Open have better matches then the finals mostly?? i.e. 1991, 1997, 2000, 2003!

· Registered
47,657 Posts
Julian said:
OR

how about Venus def. Spirlea at the 97 U.S. Open Semifinals?? ;)

LOL Is it just me or does the Semifinals at the U.S. Open have better matches then the finals mostly?? i.e. 1991, 1997, 2000, 2003!
and you forgot ´99 too! The two semi´s were classics, but the final was over in a blink.

· Banned
368 Posts
I think most GS reached their climaxes in SF.
This year so far we have...
Oz SF: Serena Williams saved 2 matchpoints and comeback to beat the Aussie's daughter-in-law Clijsters. :)
RG SF: Not much left to say on that crying-Serena match à Paris. Très dramatique, n'est-ce pas? :sad:
Wimbledon SF: Venus played witth heart, conquering abdominal strain to conquer Kim in 3 sets. :worship:
US SF: Most recently with Juju and Jenny playing, we could hardly blink or breathe. :eek:

· Registered
47,657 Posts
monicain said:
I think most GS reached their climaxes in SF.
This year so far we have...
Oz SF: Serena Williams saved 2 matchpoints and comeback to beat the Aussie's daughter-in-law Clijsters. :)
RG SF: Not much left to say on that crying-Serena match à Paris. Très dramatique, n'est-ce pas? :sad:
Wimbledon SF: Venus played witth heart, conquering abdominal strain to conquer Kim in 3 sets. :worship:
US SF: Most recently with Juju and Jenny playing, we could hardly blink or breathe. :eek:
Definetely....this year all the drama were in the semi´s..

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.