Tennis Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Ani played two 10Ks in Italy the past two weeks and reached the SF in one and F in the other :yeah:
She always plays in Italy so she probably trains there :p

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Ani reached the QF of a 25K and lost to the eventual champion in her last tournament of 2013 ;)
I hope she can crack the top 400 and higher in 2014 :)

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Fed Cup Team 2014:
Lusine Chobanyan
Mariam Bayatyan
Milena Avetisyan
Captain: Gayane Movsisyan

Who are these girls? :unsure:

Maybe everyone else (Anna, Nune, Ofelya) decided to skip since maybe they knew Ani wasn't going to play so they knew they had no chance? :unsure:

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Ani entered the 15K in Estonia the following week so I think she will play Fed Cup after all ;)

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Ani is playing :D
But they lost to Namibia 2-1 :(
Tomorrow they play Estonia, would be great to see how she does against Kanepi :)

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
She got double bageled against Kaia :(

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Ani isn't even ranked anymore :sobbing:
I remember when I first opened this thread there were a few Armenian girls with WTA rankings. Now none (though Ani is 875 in doubles). I wonder why Ani doesn't play much anymore. She hasn't played since September. A shame because she got up to 422 in August 2013 as a 19 year-old which is extremely well for a country like Armenia. Maybe she'll come back for Fed Cup :)

Also there are two young Armenian girls with ITF junior rankings:
1570-Linda Ohanyan ARM 03 Dec 1998
1695-Milena Avetisyan ARM 03 Apr 1999

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Ani made R2 in Antalya 10K(week of nov. 24-29) and final -where she lost to kleybanova 4&3 (week of nov.1-6) with some good wins before that ,like against Kvatsabaia and Szupper ,positive results again,close to top 700 ,on way back to top 500 :yeah: i think she will comeback in Antalya on beginning of yr :)

Some pics :)

With dad

Before 2 days,she got award for player of the yr in Armenia ,location- Yerevan ....

·
Registered
50,602 Posts
^ Congrats, Ani Amiraghyan ! :eek: :)

But a bit sad too because her tennis career is over now

·
пьяная в
64,951 Posts
Ani has reappeared at this week's Moscow 15K! :awww:

Only in doubles though, and she & Leykina lost 3 & 3 to Pogrebnyak/Vostrikova :sobbing: :hug:

61 - 76 of 76 Posts