Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lord knows I am. Some days I just want to run away from everything and everyone.

I am tired of working 50+ hours a week for less than $18,000 a year.

I am tired of being alone in my life. Everyone keeps telling me that special someone will come along soon. When? When I am dead?!

I am tired of trying to reach students who could give a **** less about the material I am teaching in class.

I am tired of everyone dumping responsibility on me @ work and @ home.

I am tired of trying to act cheerful when I don't feel like it.

I am tired of going to the gym everyday and working out. What the hell am I doing it for?

I am tired of coming on this messageboard and reading post after post of people attacking each other.

I am tired of listening to everyone's problems. What about mine!?

I am tired of being told that I am going to hell because I am not a full blown Christian.

Okay, that is my rant. Believe me, I am mature enough to know that my problems are solvable and that I bear full responsibility for them. However, I just feel the need to rant.

If you feel the need to rant, please do so!!!!! :wavey:

·
Registered
19,356 Posts
I am so happy with my life. Sometimes I get some troubles but without them my life would be boring. I have many people who love me and a special person who is just wonderful and I love him so much.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daniel said:
I am so happy with my life. Sometimes I get some troubles but without them my life would be boring. I have many people who love me and a special person who is just wonderful and I love him so much.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Awesome Daniel! I am very happy for you. Give me some of your formula for happiness!:eek:

·
Registered
19,356 Posts
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lol, apoet, you just have to be positive and happy all the time, If u need someone to listen to your problems , then you can count with me!!!!

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Daniel said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lol, apoet, you just have to be positive and happy all the time, If u need someone to listen to your problems , then you can count with me!!!!

:D :D :D :D
You're a doll! I'll keep that in mind. :kiss:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
yeah I am, I need to find a job and I don`t know what I should do because I have no degree yet because I had to stop school a few years ago because I broke down thanks to all people who didn`t respect me when I was a kid and now I want back to school but the people doubt me, that I can handle it now and so I have to pay it all myself and that makes me pissed :(

·
Registered
19,356 Posts
thanks apoet, *hug*

:) :) : :) :) :) :)

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
no, i'm not tired of my life. i have awesome friends who have been supporting me when i first came out and i know now who my true friends are. they're all i have, my parents weren't too thrilled at the idea of having a homosexual for a son, but i don't care. i know they'll come around, if not today, then someday. i just have to give my dad time.

i'm in love with life. i look forward to each day and the best thing is summer's almost here :)

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Frankly yes!!!

Not that I consider getting rid of it, I find it quite interesting and even useful at times ;) but really exhausting. It already, is and threatens to become even worse from next week on (which means right now, because I have to solve a number of problems by then). When you spend 100 hours a week in your office (and I am not posting here from my office, mind you :p ), you'd expect things to improve with time, but they always manage by some mysterious way to get worse :D
On a more serious note, there are lots of things I really care about and which I am weary of postponing. And I am not, deep inside, someone who buries himself in work to escape new challenges or personal commitment. It is a temporary period in life, but I sometimes feel with my soul and body that it truly outstays its welcome. Unfortunately, most of what I have to do cannot be stopped at midway. It is what you might call the "waiting for the bus syndrome" :rolleyes: After a (looooooong) while, you just would not consider giving it up and walking your way home because you have wasted so much time already, and the probability that the bus will come very shortly seems overwhelming by now... Obviously the situation is different, I have not literally wasted my time, but still...

How was that for ranting? ;)

This being said, I have never stopped witnessing genuinely terrible situations. It is no use trying to convince ourselves that our life is perfect and ideal under all respects - as long as we remember to keep all problems and worries of ours in a decent perspective.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
*hugs apoet*

You work because you have to

you're going to the gym cos it makes you feel better

maybe you wont meet someone special if you don't make the effort to go and find him/her(?)

uh ... change jobs?? - i can't think of a solution to that, what do you teach??

I have no problems - ahem, I do, but I won't load them onto you

there's no hell, Christians just say there is to justify the hours of sitting in a cold building listening to unproven theories ... i can do that at school thank you very much

i LOVE everyone on this board

... ok that was designed to make you feel better .... ahem :p

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
:hug: @ irma. It is difficult to fight both for what you believe in (starting with yourself) and against stereotypes some people have in mind, standing on your way. But I'm sure that you'll manage. It is amazing what sheer courage and using one's own virtues can achieve sometimes.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Apoet29 I know exactly how you feel. I think everyone needs to rant and rave sometimes, its good for you to get that negative energy out. I know we havent really talked before, but Im a good listener (or reader in this case) if you need someone:)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,566 Posts
gmt :eek: : you're working 14+ hours a day, 7 days a week. or 20 hours a day, 5 days a week.

I can understand that you are somewhat tired :eek: :eek: .

I am already tired with 55-60 hours / week :eek: .

But not tired of life :) - yet.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
7 days a week is the correct solution, Steveg :rolleyes: I still have to sleep 4 hours per night when I can, have breakfast, lunch and dinner (I do live on mental energy, but some food helps :)), read the board every now and then :eek: But it does happen that I work 20 hours a day as well - I am not exclusive ;)

apoet, is sending people to hell because they are not fully blown Christians common practice in West Virginia? :eek: I can hardly imagine it here in France, at least, not with "normal" people...

·
Registered
19,356 Posts
:bounce:

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Irma- You have my full support in returning to school and achieving whatever you want to life. It is always tough when no one supports you. I think you can make your dreams come true!

Daniel & Satrista7- Thanks for the hugs!

Cangetawhat-I'm glad that you have found a new life. Best of luck to you and hugs all around!

GMT- Very good ranting. Beats mine! I hope that you are okay.

Very Bored Now- Thank you for the hug and the encouragement.

Timmbo- Thanks for listening. Hugs back to you.

GMT- Anyone who is not considered a Christian in WV is condemned to hell here. Remember this is the deep south!

Love to all of you for taking the time to listen to me! :hearts:

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
I love my life and tired of it as well. So I decided for my life to take a big turn. On Friday.. It is going to be fun, or it is going to be trouble. Or both..

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ys said:
I love my life and tired of it as well. So I decided for my life to take a big turn. On Friday.. It is going to be fun, or it is going to be trouble. Or both..
Enjoy yourself ys! Make sure that you come back though. I need someone to argue with:rolleyes:

;)

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Yes, I'd love to rant.

I'm feeling horrible at the moment. Severe sore throat/cold/flu thing.

I've got finals coming up in a few months. I want to do a PhD, so I need a 1st, so I'm working very hard.

My friends are all leaving. At least two or three of my closest friends are going abroad after they finish university and I'll hardly ever see them again.

My love life's a mess. Nuff said.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts