Votes: 31 24.0%
  • I'm sitting on the fence...

Votes: 12 9.3%
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this poll can help explain certain things. Please, no one, absolutely no one spew hate and insults here. Thanks a lot :)

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
not really. :(

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Of course. I really don't know what else to add, but yeah.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I happy that she has as she deserves it the most as she if by far the best player out there, she deserved the no.1 ranking for the last two years!

·
Registered
157 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
157 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
What can i say to this lol.

I'm happy that Venus is number one. She deserves it, and she has all what it takes to be a good number one.

But, i'm a hingis fan, and from Belgium, so i'd prefer to see hingis, henin or clijsters on that number one spot hehe. Sowry! :p

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
I'm glad she is because now hopefully the press will stop whining about the number 1 in the players eyes is Venus, whereas the computer number 1 is....

·
Registered
515 Posts
OVER THE MOON!!!!! :) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
I guess I'm sitting on the fence. I'm not especially happy about it but also not angry or something about it.
I think she deserves it big time, a true nr 1. :)

·
Premium Member
182,155 Posts
To be fair Venus is the hardest to beat so she is worth 100 points instead of 50 or so.

so Yep.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm delighted she's number 1. That she had to take it from my favourite player - Jen- is a blip but hey I'll get over it! I'm wondering am I the only person with Jen and Venus as my favourite players?!!!

Anyway congratulations Venus and Venus fans!:wavey:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'd prefer Oracene Williams to be number 1. She seems like such a class act. But I'm starting to warm up to Venus, and there is no doubt her new ranking is well deserved, so I vote "yes".

·
Registered
834 Posts
It's GREAT but she's always been #1 for me
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Let the games begin

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Yep. She´s not my favourite player (in fact I prefer Jen) but I think she totally deserves it, I dont see how anyone can even begin to argue otherwise. Shes a great player, is getting better and better and has brought me a lot of enjoyment since day one of her career. I look forward to a year long battle to retain the top spot.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
She's not my fave but I feel happy for her cuz to be No.1 is somethign GREAT and hard to achieve and she did it , but still,

GO JELENA DOKIC, ANNA KOURNIKOVA, AND MIRJANA LUCIC!!!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Yes. She deserves it, and it would have been very ridiculous if she had not reached that spot at least once!
Do I hope that she will remain there for years and years without any discontinuity? No. (And I'd have said the same about Kuerten who is my favourite male player.) Being chellenged and having to fight to try and regain the top spot is good both for a player and for the game.

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
Well, Im happy for her :) She deserves it after all this time...a 4 time Grand Slam champion has to be number 1 at some point!
Congratulations Venus :)

·
Registered
16,318 Posts
At last we have a n#1 player who really deserve it;) :p ;)

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY:bounce:

CONGRATS VENUS:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts