Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents have to come to my school on Saturday for this thingy and I'm like so dreading it. I love them to death but they embarass me. :( You see we're a fat family and together we look like 3 blimps and I know people are gonna totally rag on us. I know it's mean but I gotta be honest. You guys ever feel ashamed of your parents?

·
Banned
692 Posts
I dont like goign shopping with Mother coz it just looks weird, a 16 year old out shopping with his widdle mum. and dad gets on my nerves when he tries to act "tough" with his mates.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Be happy that your parents are coming to one of your school functions. My parents didnt even hug me when I graduated college and I was the first in my family to get an education. Dont be embarrassed they love you, be thankful

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
And to Internet Lover,

Don't ever be ashamed of who you are, or what you are.

If you love your parents, then who cares about what others think.

If they are that disrespectful, and intolerant to difference, then their opinion means jack all in the world anyway.

If anyone rags on you, just give your mother and father a hug. If for no other reason than just to show them, that you don't care, and you love your parents unconditionally. But I'm sure there's more reason than to prove to a nobody, to give your parents a hug! :hearts:

Have fun @ your school thingy with your parents. :wavey: Best wishes for you.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
internet lover.. you really shouldn't be ashamed of your parents and their size.. i mean what does it matter if someone is over weight its the person inside of them which counts.. and i know its not as easy as that because people will still be assholes about it and a few will say rude comments and remark on it but those people who do make rude comments are not worth ur time at all .. i mean why waste your time and worry about what people say and think about you and your family.. your family is something that you should be proud of reguardless .. they love you unconditionally and will always be there for you .. like tim said atleast ur lucky they come to ur school functions..

.. i do know what you mean i have quite a few over weight frieinds and some people give them hell.. but those who do have nothing better to do with their time and hopefully u will come to ignore them and their remarks about your family..

·
3,676 Posts
as far as this questions goes for me.. i can't say too much on it .. the fact is i don't conversate with my parents much, i hardly ever see them.. i mean you are so lucky that you have parents who support you and are willing to take the time to be with you and to spend time with you.. i can't remember the last time my parents actually came to a school function for me it must of have been almost 4 yrs ago and i don't want to sound like i am complaining but i hate it when people take simple things such as that for granted because you don't realize how lucky you really are...

.. one thing with my mother is she isn't open minded at all and its something i wish she would change... she seems to make rude comments but i blame it on her ignorance about certain topics ..

·
Premium Member
21,310 Posts
Never ashamed....just ultimately embarrassed :eek:

My mum is OK I guess, but my Dad....:eek:

This man can embarsass his kids without even trying! He's funny and all, but lets just say if the opportunity comes for us to go out somewhere, I think of a quick excuse to not go ;)

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
IL- sometimes my parents embarass me. you're always scared they'll do something or say something and you'd just want to die right there and then.... but i'm never ashamed of them.
i don't have perfect parents. they can be absoulutely impossible at times.
but all in all, they're pretty great parents. they get along with my friends, they go to school during recognitions (when they gave out awards) and we don't give them problems in school as well. and since they've brought us to school and picked us up (when school was over for a little over 8 years since i first started school) a lot of peple got to see them and know they're my folks. and i was completely ok with that. no one made any jokes about them ofcourse or anything like that, but im thinking
if someone had then i would have completely been ok with getting suspended for slapping someone across the face...(gasp
....don't misinterpret this as me provoking you to get into a fight with someone though....)

when i go shopping with my parents, it's even a good thing. my dad never argues, and just gives me money....
hehehe....and my mom isn't that old, she has good style sense so i like having her around

so what if others would make fun. they come to your school for you and are concerned about you and that's what matters. other people who don't see that aren't worth paying attention to. they probably want to make someone else feel bad to make them feel better about their own problems...

tim - sorry to hear that...but i know someday your parents will realize what a great son you are to them.
give em time. my parents never congratulated me when i did well at school. but i know they were proud and happy for me. just becos you guyz have some touble about some things doesn't mean they love you any less...

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I think maybe when I was younger. My mother has a big mouth sometimes-haha, she is from New Jersey and she has a hot temper and uses a lot of 4 letter words, but it is all secondary. She loves me so much, that the few times I may be embarrassed, it really is ok.

My mother is always there for me. And after all the hard times, I finally realize that. I do not care what people think. My mother gave me more than what other parents can give their children. And I am not talking about my mom buying me playstation 2 and a new bedroom set(which I love by the way). I am talking about unconditional love!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Thnax marshmellow, but there are alot of things that my parents an I have delt with. Lets just put it this way, my parents should have and were meant to be childless.

·
Diosa Contable
2,945 Posts
Ashamed? embarrassed? no way!

I am proud of them!! Such great, wonderful individuals. A reference point in my life like no other :) I will always be grateful to them and admire them.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
They were constant ashamed of me not the other way around. Not that I did anything bad but I was shy and sometimes scared of people and that was not appreciated because I needed to be like them and I am not.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
embarrised or ashamed? i dont have the chance to be.

just be thankful for what you have, some people dont have any.

·
1,793 Posts
Never. There was nothing my parents could have ever done to make me feel ashamed. I could never feel embarrassed either. If my friends or anybody thought something was strange or embarrassing that's their problem, because to me they were/are the only two people in my life who had my best interests at heart. Unconditional love was guaranteed mutually. My Mum was my best friend and soul mate. I didn't care who knew that. My Dad, well, is just Dad and I love him dearly. He could never embarrass me. Never, because I will not allow anything to make me feel embarrassed. I'm extremely proud of my parents.

·
Registered
15,024 Posts
I have cool parents!

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
Never ashamed.. In opposite, I am very proud of them, of what they achieved with me..:)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts