Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
6,499 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I find it amusing that people think a shady remark about Bouchard would be "the most offensive thing I ever read". PLEASE GROW UP. Talk to any bartender at the after hours bars in Miami and they will tell you tales of Ms. Bouchard. I live in south Florida. and I know, okay? If she spent half the time on the courts and less time in the clubs her ranking would not be between 80 and 100. But the USTA made sure when they paid her off for her "Fall" at the USTA center in NY that Genie in the Bottle won't be on tour much longer.

·
Registered
46,444 Posts
I find it amusing that people think a shady remark about Bouchard would be "the most offensive thing I ever read". PLEASE GROW UP. Talk to any bartender at the after hours bars in Miami and they will tell you tales of Ms. Bouchard. I live in south Florida. and I know, okay? If she spent half the time on the courts and less time in the clubs her ranking would not be between 80 and 100. But the USTA made sure when they paid her off for her "Fall" at the USTA center in NY that Genie in the Bottle won't be on tour much longer.
But St. Pete isn't South FL...:scratch:

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Foreskin should be protected not cut!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I live in Saint Petersburg, FL. 33712. Look it up, it is a townhouse in a complex called Carlton Arms. I am no Russian hacker. Be wary who you accuse, it may get you reported.

·
7,485 Posts
As far as I know, the cultures with high rates of circumcision (muslims and jewish) come from areas with high levels of desert. Many years ago it was difficult in those areas to have enough water to wash properly. That's why it made sense to circumsized because they would have less bacterial and fungal infetions. But nowadays, almost everyone has more or less access to water to wash (especially in North America and Europe), so it doesn't make sense to circumsize unless there are medical reasons behind it in specific cases.
Thank you for a very sensible comment.

A lot of traditions are rooted in local realities of the time, where for hygiene or other reasons some (occasionally religious) laws were given, to prevent certain risks, that would be insignificant today. Yes, the Hindu's tend to eat very spicy and very little meat (some fully vegetarian), but in such overpopulated and hot country, the risk of meat going bad in the heat is high, and the water is not always of good quality, so the hot chilli and other spices help burn some bacteria. Or Mohammed allowed men to take more than one woman because the wars had killed so many men, that too many women were left single... it times where in a male-dominated society their main options were to become prostitutes or end in poverty... so the measure was to protect women at the time, not the twist that it afterwards took (the status of men measured in the number of wives in some places).

It does not make sense to eliminate penile cancer?
It's not like without circumcision the rate is 20%. There are other parts of your body you can remove to avoid cancer. Angelina Jolie removed her breasts to prevent breast cancer. Should all women do that? The trauma and other risks for the child are at higher rates than that of penile cancer. Children die as a result of the circumcision (just 2 weeks ago there was a case in the news, here, in Belgium even... I wonder how often that happens in poorer countries). Other develop infections and traumas. Is the penile cancer risk so high that it's worth the risk?

I'm not like totally opposing circumcision. But I'm against the fanatic principle that it's necessary (religiously or not), the firm conviction that it's so much better, that pushes parents in so many places do it without minding all possible risks for the child.

If the world would only think of the reduced risk of penile cancer as main benefit, that would be fine by me. Because I'm pretty sure the circumcision rate would drop to like 10% of what it is now. But the thing is, the habit is mostly religiously-driven, so it's done for the wrong reasons, and with some unfortunate consequences here or there.

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
107,588 Posts
Interesting investigation you did :rolls:

Also I agree with people re: no circumcision. A good daily cleaning is basic but if should be enough to prevent diseases.
FYI, to prevent prostate cancer is also useful ejaculating very often :eek:h: There have been many studies about that to prove it.

@CrossCourt~Rally
look, with your prudish behaviour you risk your health :hug:

41 - 60 of 101 Posts