Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
18,442 Posts

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
As far as I know, the cultures with high rates of circumcision (muslims and jewish) come from areas with high levels of desert. Many years ago it was difficult in those areas to have enough water to wash properly. That's why it made sense to circumsized because they would have less bacterial and fungal infetions. But nowadays, almost everyone has more or less access to water to wash (especially in North America and Europe), so it doesn't make sense to circumsize unless there are medical reasons behind it in specific cases.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
As far as I know, the cultures with high rates of circumcision (muslims and jewish) come from areas with high levels of desert. Many years ago it was difficult in those areas to have enough water to wash properly. That's why it made sense to circumsized because they would have less bacterial and fungal infetions. But nowadays, almost everyone has more or less access to water to wash (especially in North America and Europe), so it doesn't make sense to circumsize unless there are medical reasons behind it in specific cases.
It does not make sense to eliminate penile cancer?

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Originally, practice was started in USA mostly to combat masturbation.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
It does not make sense to eliminate penile cancer?
Penile cancer is reduced - but not 0%, with circumcision. Penile cancer is very rare and due to HPV and lack of cleanliness.

A man is more likely to get breast cancer than penile cancer.

So, for the very low rates of cancer it seems a bit silly.

Circumcision is a barbaric religious ritual. So, unless it needs to be done for medical reasons. It doesn't need to be done.

Unless you are trying to get people to stop that evil masturbating like the guy who also gave us cornflakes.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I am surprised it is low in Canada. I have never dated a guy who wasn't peeled. I expected the rate to be around 90%.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts

·
Registered
18,491 Posts
The penile cancer rate in men that were circumcised at birth is 0%.

That is good enough reason, apart from the fact that other infections, like AIDS and fungal are greatly reduced as well.

I am no expert in religion, but I am fairly certain that God did not command it, and suspect that it was the health benefits that caused it to be recommended, with religion being used as the offered reason.
If you clean it properly the penile cancer rate is equal between circumcised and non circumcised.

I remember very well my Urology clerkship at medschool and they always taught us: "A penile cancer you can smell when walking into the office"

Even though rare but also a circumcision can cause serious complications. And it changes the feeling during sex. It is interesting that non circumcised men often have less problems maintaining an erection with a condom than circumcised men.

·
Registered
18,442 Posts
I am surprised it is low in Canada. I have never dated a guy who wasn't peeled. I expected the rate to be around 90%.
Here's the explanation from Page 1 of the thread...

btw, just an FYI, the rate in Canaduh is artificially low because of Québec which is primarily Catholic...

the rest of the country is well over 50%.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
We're not Jewish or Muslim here but it's become compulsory since I don't know when as if we're some lab rats and only recently we could see reasonable objection to that weird phenomenon.
The scary thing is, it's usually forced to vulnerable kids and leaves traumatic marks in subconscious (maybe that's the main cause for the operation).
Grown up, most of us don't understand why it was necessary and hygienic issues are not clearly proven as explained above.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Here's the explanation from Page 1 of the thread...
Probably but I have been with two Quebecois men who were both cut.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
I am a female so no, but all boys under the age of one in my tribe are circumcised, I am not sure of the background on that. In other tribes, boys are not circumcised at all, but government started a male circumcision drive to apparently prevent HIV. So you will see adult men going to hospitals to get circumcised instead of simply condomising. In countries like Lesotho, circumcision is done to young boys around 16-20 in initiation schools which apparently teach them to be men.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
btw, just an FYI, the rate in Canaduh is artificially low because of Québec which is primarily Catholic...

the rest of the country is well over 50%.
Today I was at Wreck Beach, and with all the peen flying around, this thread came to mind. The number seemed way lower than that, and the sample was quite high as it was a warm Sunday :lol: Although Vancouver's demographics are very different from those of most other Canadian cities.

·
Registered
27,447 Posts
Today I was at Wreck Beach, and with all the peen flying around, this thread came to mind. The number seemed way lower than that, and the sample was quite high as it was a warm Sunday :lol: Although Vancouver's demographics are very different from those of most other Canadian cities.
Interesting investigation you did :rolls:

Also I agree with people re: no circumcision. A good daily cleaning is basic but if should be enough to prevent diseases.
FYI, to prevent prostate cancer is also useful ejaculating very often :eek:h: There have been many studies about that to prove it.

·
Registered
18,442 Posts
Yup, they don't call it "Hongcouver" for nothing...

:eek:h:

Reactions: Perun and JaySix
21 - 40 of 123 Posts