• Huh ?

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
By Anime I mean Japanese animation, in other words, the videos.
By Manga I mean Japanese comic books.

So, there is my non-exhaustive personal list :

- Sailor Moon : Anime & Manga
- Card Captor Sakura : Anime & Manga
- Neon Genesis Evangelion : Anime & Manga
- Cat’s Eye : Anime & Manga
- Mobile Suit Gundam Wing : Anime
- Record of Lodoss War : Anime
- The Slayers : Anime
- Wedding Peach : Anime
- Gravitation : Anime
- Pokemon : Anime
- Blue Seed
- Weiss Kruez : Anime
- Project A-Ko : Anime
- Ai no Kusabi : Anime
- Ranma ½ : Manga
- Eiji : Manga

It is surely a shorter list of most of the big fans. However, when I get interested in an Anime or a Manga, I use to go through all the series, if I can. So, I chose Nearly a passion.

Feel free to share your interest with me, I’m always happy to discover new stuff.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I have the last season of Bishoujou Senshi Sailor Moon on tape. The manga is too "girly" for me though.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Oh yeah and it's hell violent (like you see people get impaled), not like the English version at all ;)

Do you have all the episodes?

·
Registered
26,095 Posts
I know Sailor Moon... A friend liked them once... I liked Jupiter... She was cool... But the names are wayyy to difficult:eek:

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
i like what i saw of Neon Genesis Evangelion - they used to show it on late Sat. nights. probably hunt for it at the DVD rental.

RanMa!!! :bounce: :D Papa Panda! :D

i liked the earlier series of Dragon Ball :eek:

Ghost In A Shell - the video. :)

Can Princess Mononoke be considered an anime?
I enjoyed that.

Crying Freeman = manga?

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Messenger said:
Oh yeah and it's hell violent (like you see people get impaled), not like the English version at all ;)

Do you have all the episodes?
You are right, the original version is different than the american one... The US are censuring most Anime.

About Sailor Moon, I've seen most episodes (there is 200). Some in original version, some traducted. I own about 2/3 of the last series (Sailor Moon Star) and the movies.

I like girly anime (shojo) though.

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thalle said:
I know Sailor Moon... A friend liked them once... I liked Jupiter... She was cool... But the names are wayyy to difficult:eek:
The name ? ... You mean, character's name or series name ?

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
Crying Freeman - trained assasin who cries each time he makes a killing

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gorecki said:
Crying Freeman - trained assasin who cries each time he makes a killing
From what I've been able to find on the net, it looks interresting (surely not for kids though). Besides, it is surely an Anime but, from what I found, I can't tell if there is Mangas or not...

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
it's a series of mangas - but i only read one :eek:

did you watch Spirited Away [movie]?

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gorecki said:
it's a series of mangas - but i only read one :eek:

did you watch Spirited Away [movie]?
Hum... it's a pretty new movie, right? I heard about it on TV but didn't have the occasion to see it yet.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
akira rules....
also used to like dragonball, cat's eye, albator (don't know what was the original name though....), ranma, fist of the north star....

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
pfff i voted nearly a passion but that's only cos "a real passion" was unavailable :p allthough i'm not that interested in anime, only in manga

do you read manga in french kanji? cos i almost only buy them in french and titles sometimes differ from the original ones. I have 600+ but my excel file is on my other comp.

my favorite mangaka are katsura (vidéo girl, i''s,...fanservice rules :eek:), hojo (especially his more recent work like f. compo) and right now i'm totally into urasawa (monster, 20th century boys,...).

anime... i only know movies, like dog of flandres and other emotional stuff (tombeau des lucioles, damn what's the english title of it, must do some research but you'll know it anyway lol ;))

i really want to see the anime of berserk and maybe also the one of hikaru no go but mostly i'm not really interested in anime. i prefer the paper version.

hmmm oh yeah of course i adore pokémon, for people with good taste i recommend the first OST of the series which has all the bestest of songs on it :D my fave must be psyduck :cool:

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
if you like girly stuff you should really read the manga Nana, Kanji. It's about two girls, both called Nana, who will end up renting a place together. The first one is really 'nunuche' lol, and the second one is a singer in a rockband so yeah they're very different but they end up becoming good friends. It's published in French by Akata/Delcourt.

Another shojo manga published by Akata/Delcourt is Saikano (or Larme Ultime in French). It's also very good and it has an excellent anime that goes with it.

Right now i'm also more into the shojo (for girls) and seinen (for adults) genre than into the basic shonen (for boys) like naruto, one piece, shaman king etc.

Oh yeah, this is a really good online shop for people who are interested in manga/anime or imported merchandise: http://www.archonia.com

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Carot! :wavey:

Nice to see I'm not the only one :worship:

In fact, I do read French Manga version... Although, I'm more into Anime than Manga usually. However, when I really like an anime, I tend to read the Manga because they tend to cut in the story in Animes... Like it was the case for Card Captor and Cat’s Eyes… Especially when it comes to “covered words”, Manga are far more interesting! :D

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the info Carot!

I've found myself pretty interrested in Yaoi stuff too after some nice discoveries... It is surely not for everyone though. ;)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts