Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep i'm a vegetarian myself for more than a year now.
It's not because i don't like meat or something but i think it isn't a good thing to kill animals just for your own ''pleasure''

Animals have feelings too and why should we be able to kill animals?If we kill people than it's wrong but killing animals...oh no problem. I think it's hypocrite (hope that i spelled this the right way ;) ) And i just hate it when people say :I can't live without meat. It's bull:mad: Everybody can live without meat , but you have to have a strong heart and mind about this or else it will not work.

And to all the people who do eat meat.This isn't a thread to bash you guys are something.Remember i've been on your side too.I totally respect everybody choice.But i would like to hear from you , are you a vegetarian?Is so than what's your reason? If not....what's your reason?

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I don`t have this will to not to eat meat anymore. I respect people who make this choice but I like meatballs, kroketten very much and don`t want stop eating it!

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
I only eat chicken:rolleyes: cos when I eat other animals I imagine them being fattened and than slaughtered. I've been to a slaughterhouse too and it is just disgusting!

I know I should stop eating chicken too.......I'm trying to.lol

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh Irma i know what you mean!:(

The thing that i miss the most is a bigmac.:sad:
But my will is stronger than my desire :bounce:
And it isn't difficult for me at all because i know why i'm doing it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I tried for one day but then I just.....forgot. Oops.

Anywya I like my meat too much.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I'm with adnil on this one. Meat is just way too good.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
I am vegetarian on certain days because of religion.

I don't particularly care for meat (except fish), but I eat it because otherwise I get pretty tired on just vegetarian food alone.

·
Team WTAworld, Superskyderen
13,888 Posts
Yes, I'm vegetarian and have been so for about five years. Why? Hmm... I guess I didn't feel comfortable eating meat. But I happen to follow the diet from hell (coffee and lots of junk food!) so I'm not exactly the world's greatest example here. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
I have been a vegetarian for 12 years now ( I'm in my mid-20's) because I didn't want animals to die for my plate when I have so many alternative food sources. Now I don't feel like I should have to explain why I'm a veggie. Plus people who eat white meat or fish are NOT vegetarians.

·
Team WTAworld, canis sapiens sapiens
4,495 Posts
I'm a vegetarian wannabe. It's kinda difficult to be a veggie here because people would consider you as weirdo :eek:.

·
Registered
17,920 Posts
I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years. But I am like Franziska, I eat too much junk food! But I am happy that at least no animals have to suffer just for me to have a meal. :)

But I could NEVER be a vegan and give up eggs or cheese! :eek:

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Ive been Veggie since the late 80's...I saw a documentry about food safety in which they happened to show animals being slaughtered. It was so horrorific I gave up meat there and then.

Milk and Egg production often involve great cruelty too at some point, so I suppose in the ideal world I would be vegan. But I think that is probably beyond me.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I once was in school with a veganist and everything he eat was from a special shop(he was eating special bread with beanpasta, sorry I hate beans so that comes never in question for me). I wonder how expensive that is, I know sojameat is already much more expensive as normal meat and veganists eat everything different because they don`t use eggs and milk!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I'm vegetarian too:) .Not easy in France where people love the good food.We are very few...
This year,some friends of mine organize a Veggie pride in Paris:hope we'll be a big number(some associations in England are invited).
I just can't make an animal suffer,and meat firms are something atrocious:you just have to read some reports to understand this.But it's so easy not to think about it and consider animals as objects or food for humans.But I don't want to be polemic:)

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
I've been a vegetarian all my life. The reason to begin with was obviously that that was how my parents raised me. But when I was 13 or so I started to think about it & now I'm vegetarian for moral reasons. Basically, given that we don't have to eat meat, I don't see why we should kill other creatures unnecessarily.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have been a complete vegetarian since age 11 (six years, as I am now 17), I have not eaten any animal (land or water). I do it for animal rights reasons

·
stubborn procrastinator
111,305 Posts
Nope, I like meat too much! :)

·
Veelieve!!!
32,767 Posts
Yep , I've been one for the last 15 years... Why?? because I just can't eat anything that use to have a face.. Nah... I grew up with 2 rastafarian brothers who use to tell me the most horrible things about eating meat, fish etc, I also saw the way cows are killed at the abattoire.. I just could NOT eat any beef after that... I was actually a vegan(one who eats absolutely NO animal products) for a while, but occasionally eat eggs and baby swiss cheese (my weakness) I only drink soy milk though :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts