Tennis Forum banner

are there any gay/ les players in ATP/WTA?

34K views 120 replies 68 participants last post by  LefandePatty 
#1 ·
are there any gay / les players in ATP/WTA?

A friend told me that Mauresmo is lesbian, is that true???

#3 ·
Mauresmo, Navratilova sure, Conchita martinez not sure

Kiefer sure, Gambill not sure

#4 ·
#8 ·
SpikeyAidanm said:
Mauresmo, Martinez, Navratilova, Tilden, King, Mandlikova, Pleming, Stubbs, Raymond, Wheeler, Pratt, Stone, Schuettler, Sluiter, Arazi + dozens more
Raymond, Schuettler, Sluiter, Arazi !?!???!?
that SHOCKED! :eek:

#11 ·
Gambill for sure.

Kiefer, Schuettler, Sluiter and Arazi? Never heard of them being gay.

#16 ·
Arazi 100%..I believe he is even out..

also..Petra Mandula & Patrisha Wartusch are 100% a couple ( I saw them kiss @ the nasdaq)

#21 ·
Wojtek said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Arazi, Kiefer and Schuttler have girlfirends. Maybe you should more matches and read more tennis newspapers.
I've known gay guys that have
had girlfriends and still do!

But, what does it really matter!
None of my business.

Reactions: Miranda
#22 ·
Gotta laugh everytime i read threads about sexuality ... to pour my share ... lot of rumours were spread here in Slovenia about Krizan/Srebotnik after Katarina left her hometown (my hometown; we went in the same groundschool - she was one year behind me) to live in Maribor where Krizan has an appartment. Even Pisnik 'looks' a bit ... different. Once she was asked why are there so many lesbian tennis players on the tour ... she confirmed there are quite a lot of them but herself avoid the question. She was seen with her boyfriend in Bol 2000 but now lives alone.

#23 ·
Wojtek said:
Dementieva is lesbian becuase she was playing against Husarova and she is lesbian. ok?
So everyone who is playing Husarova is lesbian? I think that might be the reason why they broke their partnership because Elena felt uncomfortable. They had excellent results in 2001 but Elena said something like she wants to concentrate on her singles yet she played doubles in every tournament she entered!

#25 ·
Some of these guys might be bisexual, despite having girlfriends.

I would imagine too that there is a fair amount of experimentation that goes on in both tours. Even if they turn out to be straight, I'm sure many players have tried it. It's hard to see members of the opposite sex, it's hard to have a relationship given the traveling, you're surrounded by these people 30 weeks a year...shit's bound to happen.

That being said, Gambill and Ginepri are straight. I really wish they weren't (especially Ginepri lol) but they are. Ginepri's dating Minnie Driver, Gambill's dated a couple of models...Gambill's definitely a metrosexual though. Ginepri's just straight.

Here's what I have heard as far as players go (I might be wrong though)

Men
Stefan Koubek
Flavio Saretta
Hicham Arazi

Women
Mauresmo
Martinez
Stubbs
Raymond
Husarova
Schiavone
Garbin
Pratt
Wheeler
Danilidou
Chladkova (this is just my theory...no straight woman buzz cuts her hair)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.