Tennis Forum banner

Are the Williams Sisters being punished for their fans transgressions?

• Yes, it's Karmic Payback from the Gods

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • No, they are just injury-prone

Votes: 24 55.8%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
it's actually a blessing in disguise because their legs would be fresh at the US Open.;)

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Seles played too much to improve her ranking and looked what happened to her beloved foot.:angel:

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BasicTennis said:
Seles played too much to improve her ranking and looked what happened to her beloved foot.:angel:
I doubt she loves that foot. And she played too often to catch up from the foot, not on the originally healthy foot. I think 17 tournaments is the most she has played in any of the past 5 years.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
she doesn't love that foot that's why she purposely injured it.:yawn:

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
No, they haven't done anything worthy of karmic wrath as far as I can tell ... interesting point about whether playing a lot actually leads to more injuries though. It probably has more to do with game style and type of training, in my view.

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Number1Kim said:
No, they haven't done anything worthy of karmic wrath as far as I can tell ... interesting point about whether playing a lot actually leads to more injuries though. It probably has more to do with game style and type of training, in my view.
I am more likely to injure myself lifting a 50 pound pail when I am out of shape than a 200 lb barbell when I am lifting every week. Baseball pitchers have seen a lot more arm and shoulder injuries since they switched from pitching every 4 days to pitching every 5. Undergoing hard physical stresses on a consistent basis is not nearly as hard on your body as undergoing them on a sporadic basis.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Monica is a lil heavy, she has injured her foot.:sad:

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Yes I agree entirely. I also think though that the kind of training where a player just continually bashes the ball is going to be harder on the body than a more varied routine, even if the bashing takes place every day. I have no idea which players train in which manner so I can't apply the theory directly to V & S. I'm sure that any fitness pro (or just anyone who's done serious training for any sport!) will tell you that a lot of general fitness and flexibility training, such as Kim engages in, has to be good for injury prevention.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
disposablehero said:
I am aware of that. yes. But Peter Graf paid a witch just before the 1992 Wimbledon to cast a spell permanently shielding Monica from positive karma.
at least monica had a positive weight increase.:rofl:

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Carmic justice??? WTF!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Isn't this what the non-Williams fans wanted? Why should you care? I rather they be fresh for the important tournament (USO) but get at least one tune-up before than to still have those injuries going into US Open... Take your time, do it right!! I always say!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.