Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really feel like this is the case.
Noone talks about her. she doesn't even seem like an outsider for RG.
Well, to me, she is. And I don't want her in Justines part of the drawx :p ;)

She has such a great clay court game and is one of the best match finishers/frontrunners of the Wta)tour.

If she wins her first rounds, she can be a very dangerous floater, I think.

Let me be very bold, and say I consider her a bigger threat than eg Ivanovic, Mauresmo, ... ;)

·
Registered
115,239 Posts
I don't want her in Justine's section either. Put her in with Sharapova

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
plusn she has the experience of playing the latter rounds of GS's.
I just think she might surprise some people, just as she did last year, but maybe in another way ;)

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Nadia has been very quite since her victory earlier in the year, it's about time she did something big again :D :bounce:

Let me be very bold, and say I consider her a bigger threat than eg Ivanovic, Mauresmo, ... ;)
..Pigam you know full well that Mauresmo has just had an emergency operation which she is still recuperating from, and she is in almost daily contact with a doctor about the after effects, training, fitness levels etc.. and now she has sprained her leg in training..:rolleyes:
She is also *rap on clay compared to other surfaces, practically crumbles under the pressure ever time she steps on court and has a snowflakes hope in hell of winning it. :tape:

Ivanovic looks good for RG though :D :cool:

·
Registered
115,239 Posts
Nadia has had her best slam results at RG. If she plays well, she's with Sveta and Jelena, maybe better than both of them.

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
LOL the thread starter said that Nadia is one of the best match finishers on the wtatour :spit:

did she finish the match when she led Serena one set and 5-3 in the AO :tape: ... if she did, she may already be a one slam wonder now

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope, pierceke, she didn't. doesn't change what I said tho :)

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
I like it that people are underestimating her, it means she can slip through the draw unnoticed with no pressure. :D She hasn't had a great clay season though, but maybe that's a good thing because expectations won't be high.

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
She'll find some way to get "injured"
You can't overlook there's been 3 retirements from Nadia already this year. She's either just completely not fit for the game of tennis or is just not wanting to play. Other than that, she hasn't lost too many questionable matches...though definitely that one to Santangelo. She could be a threat to go far but I don't think to win it all.

..Pigam you know full well that Mauresmo has just had an emergency operation which she is still recuperating from, and she is in almost daily contact with a doctor about the after effects, training, fitness levels etc.. and now she has sprained her leg in training..:rolleyes:
She is also *rap on clay compared to other surfaces, practically crumbles under the pressure ever time she steps on court and has a snowflakes hope in hell of winning it. :tape:
Mauresmo is not "*rap" on clay by any means. She's won quite a few of the lead up tournies to RG in great form on the surface. She happens to be "*rap" on the clay of Roland Garros though, and the speculation in France as to why never stops.

·
Art & Futures
20,861 Posts
i think a 4r/QF performance... her low seeding won't help

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
I have always been a fan of hers. always have, always will! go Nadia!

·
Registered
115,239 Posts
Nadia has a chance to knock off a big name or 2, like Nicole last year.

·
Banned
4,328 Posts
nadia is slowly fading and her physical fitness is also suspect,she is now being pushed out of the top ten and if she doesnt win this year it will become harder and harder to win big.
i dont see her winning this coming RG because the contenders are more than last year.i think nadia is going to remain ranked between 10-20 she doesnt seem to bring the goods anymore.

·
Registered
115,239 Posts
She won Hopman Cup, was up 61 53 vs Serena, won Paris, lost 76 76 to Justine, made the AI final, and lost a close match to Sveta in Berlin.
Not incredible results, but she played well at times. She was good in Berlin.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts