Tennis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe that's the real reason why the field is so weak, obviously the players will give injuries as reasons, but I'm sure that in some cases, SARS could be the reason.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
To insinuate that the SARS epidemic had anything to do with the recent withdrawals is false and unfair....Toronto has been "cleared" months ago ...all players have withdrawn with "justifable" injuries :sad: ...I know Lindsay hasn't entered but that just was her choice.... ;)

barmaid :wavey:

·
Premium Member
20,030 Posts
This may be a factor, but not the sole factor. Some players were just injured, and it's right before the US Open pretty much. Maybe they don't want to risk further injury.

I did suggest earlier that alot of players might pull out because of SARS, but that was when the epidemic was out of control in Canada.

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
and I suppose the USopen withdrawals (and other American tournaments) are because of the terror threat?

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in Canada, and I heard it on a sports news, they are the one suggesting it.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
selesrules said:
I'm in Canada, and I heard it on a sports news, they are the one suggesting it.
yeah, and they're also the ones who wouldn't know the difference between Henin-Hardenne and the Ardennes region of France. The rare occasions on which they do a tennis story, they need teleprompters to tell them which player is in the fore-court in the clip they're showing.

btw, I live in Toronto and if it's SARS free enough for senior citizens like the Stones to fly in, it shouldn't be a consideration for young, healthy tennis players:p

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
harloo said:
This may be a factor, but not the sole factor. Some players were just injured, and it's right before the US Open pretty much. Maybe they don't want to risk further injury.

I did suggest earlier that alot of players might pull out because of SARS, but that was when the epidemic was out of control in Canada.
:) UMM it was never "out of control in Canada"...ppl lead their lives as usual and it was mostly restricted to TO hospitals...Yeah if its' good enough for **** it should be good enough for the tennis players. :lol:

·
Premium Member
27,127 Posts
Definitely.

I'm sure some of the players have SARS.

It's very sensible of them withdrawing to not risk infecting the citizens of Toronto.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
from the look of myskina's worried face.....YES!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts