Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno if its just me but, i've noticed recently that people are taking breaks or retiring because they are beginning to lose to other players, and they're not used to it.

Maybe thats the reason people ar not finding the game fun anymore.
Apart from the time consuming and endless arguments ofcourse :)

comments anyone? :)

· Banned
16,972 Posts
Well, sometimes you need a break.

This game is very funny, but can get annoying if you play it for a long time with non stop.

A break is good for everyone. I did it, and now i am enjoying the game a lot.

· Registered
6,364 Posts
In my case, no.

I've won 7 of my last 8 matches, I just won Los Angeles, I finally finished my last goal of beating everyone in TTT when I beat Anabel, I've made the final of a grand slam, and I'm going to be #3 very soon once the rankings come out.

I'm taking a break because I think it's sick that I can tell all of what I just told you off the top of my head. I know that I'm going to have minimal time later once school starts b/c I'll have school and my job, so it's better to do it now regardless. And to be honest, I hate the fighting and the extra crap that comes along with. Mainly, I really don't like the fact that I'm so attached - and I think I need to get out.

· Registered
11,222 Posts
No philip, because this game is annoying and its starting to get boring for those who's playing for more than a year.. don't you think? and for those who have an outer life.. :rolleyes: ttt bothers a lot...

excuse? why excuse? its only a game.. everyone will lose one day.. you for example never thought would lose so many first rounds like you've been losing..

· agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.
17,612 Posts
I started to feel sick of the game the day I said to my friends "No I can't get out, I have to play "this tournament" in ttt". As I said, your personal life comes first, and I was so attached to this game at the beggining that I would be here in home to play. For that I banned myself from the game some months the last year. This time my personal problems came together with my desire of do other things. Also, I played with a lack of motivation. I would have many matches with very good leads and just stop trying cos I wanted the match to finish because I was bored. So I just didn't enjoy it. As for the losing subject, I've enjoyed a lot matches I lost, for example, one of the matches I enjoyed the most, was when I lost to TOT in the final of Gold Coast, and I lost it.

· Banned
16,972 Posts
If you really think that you don't have a life by playing a game... you really don't have it.

You are talking as if TTT takes hours.

Sonfo you spend on the internet 3 or 4 hours every night. A match of TTT takes 30 minutes. And since we made the TTT during the week, no one is forced to stay at home because no matches are played at TTT time anymore.

To say that TTT didnt allow you to have a life is just.... so pathetic.

· Registered
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I play cause i like to play.
I dont take part in all the arguments, so it dont bother me. i do have a life.

but ofcourse if people dont want to play anymore, thats cool, its just sad we lose the players who have played since the beginning, ber, dp, alx (break) and many more. :(

I mean its not like we play just on a saturday anymore, cause that DID take ALL night.

ohwell.

· agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.
17,612 Posts
Anabel when I had a break the last year we didn't have this format remember? It was played during all the afternoon of every Saturday.

I spend three or four hours every night on the internet yes, because I like it, and I don't like to go to bed early. Anyway. I've lost every Sunday evening of each tournament I played, because this game was out of control, so the rules weren't followed, and I would wait three hours until my opponent got online, had I gone, he would have taken the wo. Very strange forma dont u think?

· Banned
16,972 Posts
Oh please as if i am going to argue this.

Are not you retire? Then act like a retire player and stop caring about the game. Lot of players have retired before, and do they keep here arguing? No. You say you dont care about the game anymore, but you are here all the time.

· Banned
156 Posts
Philip said:
I dunno if its just me but, i've noticed recently that people are taking breaks or retiring because they are beginning to lose to other players, and they're not used to it.

Maybe thats the reason people ar not finding the game fun anymore.
Apart from the time consuming and endless arguments ofcourse :)

comments anyone? :)
Do the rankings. :)

· Registered
15,555 Posts
I retire when I have to go somewhere or have to do something. But when I return to school, I know I will have trouble playing this game, so I probably will be forced to take a break. But then again, anyone else with my losing record would have retired a long time ago.....

· Registered
11,222 Posts
azza said:
There are rankings :eek: cool
why are you so insignificant? :rolleyes: shut the hell up..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.